v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

The President Of the Too Cool For RoLS Club

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: The President Of the Too Cool For RoLS Club

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:
Meirerion wrote:
fiernaq wrote:I don't know how you people do it. I can't stand to grind for more than a few minutes at a time. I'm up to about 240 small rocks with 0 MF but man is it boring. I keep forcing myself to continue grinding for the RoLs every time I pick my phone back up instead of wandering off to BWM or Iquan or one of those other fun places to explore.
Same, that's why I'm giving my presidency :lol: .

I really think he should higher the chances of getting one of those items, grinding for days (even month knowing my luck...) is not a very funny perspective. When I play AT i'm looking to have some fun, endlessly grinding is no fun. :evil:
Some hc grinding tips for you:
-Forget your ultimate goal (L&E)
-Make some another time consuming goal, like I want better AC my goal is raise it 50%
-Then split your AC goal to smaller parts Like +10% to AC

Now you will got the feeling of success more often and sooner or later you will get the (L&E) item too.

Happy grinding
Or if you want to build a rock fortress and happen to also want a RoLS, set out a goal to collect 2500 small rocks.
:lol: :lol:
Seriously, Sarumar's suggestion is a very good one.
The only problem I have/had with grinding is you get to powerful (see my Tek stats) and that is why I choose to clear and reload now.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Adding to Sarumar's excellent suggestion, you could also make it about non-Legendary item drops.

For the RoLS, the trainers and masters drop a good amount of regular health potions, which can come in handy in other areas (or even there depending on your stats). On my newer game, I'm currently grinding for the RoLS and so far have 1257 of them (I already had some starting off but I'd say at least 1000 is from the gargoyle caves). I'm also now at 1467 Ruby gems and 458 polished gems, so I can sell most of those off later for some cold hard gold. Too bad you can't throw rocks at monsters, I'd have a pretty good arsenal built up :lol:

For the ElyR, between killing the Wyrm trainers and masters, take out some auleths to try to get some speed potions, or some blackwater weapons to sell (or keep if you don't mind the misery).

For the ROL, I think the sharpened gem is the more valuable thing that will drop there.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote:...
For the ElyR, between killing the Wyrm trainers and masters, take out some auleths to try to get some speed potions, or some blackwater weapons to sell (or keep if you don't mind the misery)...
Mino,

:D Not to knit pick my friend, but the Wyrm masters and apprentices drop weak poisons, empty vials, and bones. :D

I just spend 11 days (not sure the number of hours) grinding in there for the ELyR, so their drops are fresh in my mind.

Edit:
Oops, I completely missed that you mentioned the killings of auleths. How, I have no idea. :D
Last edited by Antison on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote:
Mino wrote:...
For the ElyR, between killing the Wyrm trainers and masters, take out some auleths to try to get some speed potions, or some blackwater weapons to sell (or keep if you don't mind the misery)...
Mino,

:D Not to knit pick my friend, but the Wyrm masters and apprentices drop weak poisons, empty vials, and bones. :D

I just spend 11 days (not sure the number of hours) grinding in there for the ELyR, so their drops are fresh in my mind.
you are both right

:D

and good point about killing some extra Auleths for Minor Speed Potions...
it's the only way for my guy to get ahold of them.

i attacked Prim's Leader...

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
albongo
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by albongo »

As of 07:16 (BST) I must withdraw from the presidency race.

Now L42 with 2385 rocks, 875 polished gems and 1 RoLS :D

I am really looking forward to exiting the cave as I have been in there since before the last update, lots of new stuff for me to do. woohoo :lol:
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

albongo wrote:As of 07:16 (BST) I must withdraw from the presidency race.

Now L42 with 2385 rocks, 875 polished gems and 1 RoLS :D

I am really looking forward to exiting the cave as I have been in there since before the last update, lots of new stuff for me to do. woohoo :lol:
Congrats ! Yes the feeling after first RoLS is great !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1