Friendliness improvements!

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Friendliness improvements!

Post by fiernaq »

Pyrizzle wrote:
DemiImp wrote:5. Instead of enemies attacking at a specific rate, it would be nice if I could tap to advance the combat. I usually sit there tapping like crazy anyway when I'm grinding even when its not my own turn, so it would be nice to have that option :)

Gameplay can speed up with changing the animations from the Options menu
I think what he's asking for is a 4th option: no animations but require a click to advance through each attack. This would allow you to see each hit you receive so that you can better adjust your strategy without having to suffer through the 20 seconds of animations. In other words, the speed of combat is entirely based on how fast you click instead of like the current "Instant (no animations)" mode which is click through on your turn but on the enemies turn just runs all the attacks at once.
Pyrizzle wrote:
DemiImp wrote:6. Lose the percentages. They are honestly confusing. How can I have a hit rate of 150%, the enemy have no block rate and I'm still missing? The only way to find out is to search online and find out that it isn't a percentage.

No way, the % help to show how your player has progressed as you go along, w/o them you would have no idea if it was a good idea to attack something or just run away
It's the actual percentage symbol... the "%" that we want removed. There is absolutely nothing about the number that is a percentage and it currently just serves to confuse people. If AC went from 0-100 and that was it then yes, by all means, use a % symbol, but it doesn't.

Here's a better idea than just removing the % symbol though:

1) Make Attack Chance a number, not a percent.
2) Show the actual % chance you have to hit something with a base 0 BC.
3) On inspecting a monster, show the actual % chance you have to hit that monster.

1) Make Block Chance a number, not a percent.
2) Show the actual % chance you have to block something with a base 100 AC.
3) On inspecting a monster, show the actual % chance the monster has of hitting you.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

+1 to Fiernaq, really good suggestiob
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Slow down combat (4th option): Great suggestion! I wonder sometimes how much i am being hit for but can't always see it.

Loosing the %: I agree 100% in loosing the %, it would make the comba system less confusing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------