v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Q] New "End Game" Idea

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: New "End Game" Idea

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Interesting idea, but as an fyi there are no gods in the world of AT.
What about Sarumar? Has he hit level 250 yet? :lol:
:lol: ... my true name is Aazrael, I am no god, I was born like anyother and the chaos is my mother... still after Geomur...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Tulkas wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Interesting idea, but as an fyi there are no gods in the world of AT.
I said nothing about Gods. What do you think of my end.game idea?
I said it was an interesting idea in my post. I wouldn't call it an end game idea though because it actually adds "gameplay". An end game event would add little new content and wrap up storylines, not create a whole new one. The scale of the idea fits almost into it's own game because there is a lot of context that goes into an event like that. It goes beyond something localized to a couple villages and affects the whole world of AT. What caused the crack? Why are the things coming out? Who's the villain? What do they stand to gain by doing something like this? How can it be stopped. etc...

It would be an AT world event so there has to be a reason behind why it happened, at least two factions to side with as well as at least two ways to complete the main questline. Not to mention new maps, npc's, items, and mobs.

So IMHO, while it is an interesting idea, I see all that content fitting better in something like: Andor's Trail 2 - The Rift Spell
Tulkas
android_version: 4.0

Post by Tulkas »

sdevaney wrote:
Tulkas wrote:
I said nothing about Gods. What do you think of my end.game idea?
I said it was an interesting idea in my post. I wouldn't call it an end game idea though because it actually adds "gameplay". An end game event would add little new content and wrap up storylines, not create a whole new one. The scale of the idea fits almost into it's own game because there is a lot of context that goes into an event like that. It goes beyond something localized to a couple villages and affects the whole world of AT. What caused the crack? Why are the things coming out? Who's the villain? What do they stand to gain by doing something like this? How can it be stopped. etc...

It would be an AT world event so there has to be a reason behind why it happened, at least two factions to side with as well as at least two ways to complete the main questline. Not to mention new maps, npc's, items, and mobs.

So IMHO, while it is an interesting idea, I see all that content fitting better in something like: Andor's Trail 2 - The Rift Spell
That's a comprehensive post, thanks for that. You're right that would be too large a scale. What if we scaled it back to a large underground based, self contained dungeon with powerful enemies and items. Perhaps the event could be a precursor to AT 2?

All I really wanted out of the idea was to add some bonus content for extremely high level grinder players. In other words, maybe after finishing Andor's Trail, the crack can appear due to end game events.

Previously I mentioned a mysterious message appearing "You feel a great rumble, and somewhere a crack appears in the world" or some such thing because it would add great wonder. Not all things should be explained in a fantasy world. Sometimes things happen that are unexplainable and those types of things add great depth & intrigue to a fantasy world. Tolkien did this all the time.

That said, don't get me wrong, I don't presume to have any idea what direction you guys plan on taking the game, and maybe this idea doesn't fit with the philosophy, I don't know. I really appreciate all your guys efforts bringing this wonderful game in existence, and I'd certainly like to add to it if possible!
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
TheFearlessOne
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by TheFearlessOne »

I've always thought there should be an end-game arena somewhere, where you have to fight powerful monsters in succession (no healing etc. in between) and have a great reward at the end. (a quest-type thing)

Maybe you could even become a gladiator, and your opponents' strength would be determined by an algorithm, depending on your lvl (meaning that if you're lvl 1, you get an opponent with X base stats, if you're lvl 2, its stats would be X+A, lvl 3 with X+2*A etc). Basically, this would be a grind-type thing, with increasing xp and gold rewards, and would add a lot more fun to end-game grinding. Maybe there could even be a rare drop for them, starting at lvl 50 or something.

So we could have the quest mode, single-fight mode and survival mode (where you fight waves of increasingly difficult opponents until you die). The possibilities with this arena are nearly endless. We could use monsters from all over the world map. Many games have used similar systems, MARDEK RPG is the first one that pops to mind, but I'm sure there are many others.
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Interesting as it sounds I don't think this idea is as well developed as it should be in order to gain proper feedback. Not to mention I believe the main storyline is already loosely put together and this might contradict some of the story there.

Honestly, every single player RPG has an ending...maybe this one shouldn't 8-)
zen1979

High Level Challenge

Post by zen1979 »

Probably have a new place for High Level players to fight, like a dungeon or an arena which the players need to win each of the fights in order to proceed to the next round. Save option is disabled, the creatures in each round is generated based on the player's level. If you lose before finishing the last round of fight, you will be pushed back into the entrance and all experience obtain through previous fights are lost. If its hard to code regarding creatures generated based on player's level, then probably set different levels for each arena:

Arena #1:
Very Easy: Level 25 - 30
Easy: Level 31 - 35
Normal: Level 36 - 40
Hard: Level 41 - 45
Very Hard: Level 46 - 50

Arena #2:
Very Easy: Level 101 - 110
Easy: Level 111 - 120
Normal: Level 121 - 130
Hard: Level 131 - 140
Very Hard: Level 141 - 150

and so on...

Edit:
and perhaps amazing reward awaits at the end of the final fight in each arena.
16/05/2013 (RBMP = 393/128/22/2)
Lvl: 42 | XP: 1315504 | Gold: 17008 |
HP: 113 | AC: 245% | AD: 26-36 | AP: 6 |
CC: 9% | CM: 2.0 | BC: 79% | DR: 0 |
RoLS: 0 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0 | ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 0 |
ShaF: 0 | SRoV: 0 | VSH: 0 |
Tulkas

Re: High Level Challenge

Post by Tulkas »

Similar to my idea as well. Ultra high end dungeon. Dungeon"opens up" after conditions are met, such as level or something.

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1891
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
zen1979

Post by zen1979 »

Tulkas wrote:Similar to my idea as well. Ultra high end dungeon. Dungeon"opens up" after conditions are met, such as level or something.

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1891
+1
16/05/2013 (RBMP = 393/128/22/2)
Lvl: 42 | XP: 1315504 | Gold: 17008 |
HP: 113 | AC: 245% | AD: 26-36 | AP: 6 |
CC: 9% | CM: 2.0 | BC: 79% | DR: 0 |
RoLS: 0 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0 | ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 0 |
ShaF: 0 | SRoV: 0 | VSH: 0 |
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

But what would be the point of that for low level players?
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

[Merged Threads]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------