v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Path Continuity, quest menu idea

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Tulkas
android_version: 4.0

Path Continuity, quest menu idea

Post by Tulkas »

First off I'd like to say I absolutely LOVE tgis game! I'm from the old school and I really disliked the modern direction of most RPG s.

I have an idea, and the perfect place i can use for example is when you are heading into Remgaurd via the bridge, and you exit the bridge map to the town entrance map, you have to deviate from the course set by the bridge. basically I need to jaunt to the side in order to enter thr gate. I know this is a small thing, but it's still a completely unnecessary hindrance to the player. I've notuced this when transitioning from one map to another several times. Please review the map transitions and make it so we can "just continue straight."

It would be great to sort the quests out by area. Remgaurd area quests << fighting sisters, etc Prim << questName qyestName, etc

Sortable inventory! or if thats a pain, how about simply display new items on top instead of the bottom?
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Path Continuity, quest menu idea

Post by Meirerion »

Tulkas wrote:It would be great to sort the quests out by area. Remgaurd area quests << fighting sisters, etc Prim << questName qyestName, etc
I love this idea, huge +1!
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

Oskar, did you read this post and understand the first part of what i was saying about path continuity? And what about my other ideas? Thanks for making this great game!

~ ~ ~ 2nd Post ~ ~ ~
Meirerion wrote:
Tulkas wrote:It would be great to sort the quests out by area. Remgaurd area quests << fighting sisters, etc Prim << questName qyestName, etc
I love this idea, huge +1!
thanks for the +1!
Last edited by nyktos on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: multiple posts combined
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Not everything in life is a straight line....
Sort-able inventory via longpress (move up/down)
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

sdevaney wrote:Not everything in life is a straight line....
I understand not everything in life is a straight line, but this is a game. And in a game, when transitioning from one map to another, your path should be on the same point on your screen right after map transition. it's a design thing. if done right the player will never realize you did it. it's just an extra level of polish to the game.

thanks for the sort tip.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Tulkas wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Not everything in life is a straight line....
I understand not everything in life is a straight line, but this is a game. And in a game, when transitioning from one map to another, your path should be on the same point on your screen right after map transition. it's a design thing. if done right the player will never realize you did it. it's just an extra level of polish to the game.

thanks for the sort tip.
+1 agreed.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

sdevaney wrote:Sort-able inventory via longpress (move up/down)
That's moving to top or to bottom. It would be perfect, if there would also be options for moving the selected item one slot upwards or downwards. Also when equipping an item, the replaced item could be placed in the active position - so it would be easy to keep all weapons, armours etc together.