v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

can't find lodar's hideaway

Discussions of the development process of the game.
john wee

can't find lodar's hideaway

Post by john wee »

I have been searching for ages for this but I still cannot find this place.is it in this version,the lodar's hideaway.I'm using the v.0.68b1
lizardninja

Re: can't find lodar's hideaway

Post by lizardninja »

you have my sympathy, fellow explorer! although im almost certain the hideout does NOT! feature in v6.8, I myself have decided to search for the ring of lesser shadow, oskar mentioned it in another post.. however due to the amount of searching I have participated in, im sure that niether exist. also there was mention of crates and such being searchable! anyone come across these? I think maybe oskar does not respond to these query's regarding incompletable quest's, so everyone keeps looking for stuff.. in order to buy himself time to work on the next section of the game. so sorry, but your searching is in vain.. unlucky!
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Sorry to disappoint you, but Lodar's Hideaway is not implemented yet. When making the game, it is always a trade off between getting as much content in as possible compared to the development time it takes to develop it. Ideally, we would of course like to have all content into the game right from the start, but given the time constraints and the development team, this is not feasible. As stated when starting a new version for the first time, Andor's Trail is a work in progress, and probably will be for some time.

Regarding Lodar's Hideaway, this is a continuation on the main quest about where Andor went. Being the main quest, you can probably safely expect that quest to be missing a lot of parts until the game is completed.

Depending on what parts are prioritized, Lodar's Hideaway might be included in the next version. But then again, it might not. We haven't really decided on the content part of the next release yet. (In fact, _this_ release hasn't happened yet since we haven't finished the beta test).

Regarding the Ring of lesser shadow, read below if you really want a spoiler about it
The gargoyle trainers have it. There is however a very low drop chance on it. But the item itself should be worth it. This is something that has been requested a lot before, very unique (and worthwhile) drops.
Hope that answers your question!
/Oskar
/Oskar
lizardninja

Post by lizardninja »

aha! just like the rings of damage in flagstone! ive got to the point where it would only be worthwhile leveling in maelveons cave, so I would likely of come across it at some point.. but thankyou for putting my mind at ease, im off to find one! btw this game should come with a health warning due to the amount of stress involved! lol!
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

I do not want to disappoint you, but I calculated a little:
You need to kill 6932!!! :o :o :o Gargoyle trainers to have a 50% chance to get the Ring of lesser shadow.
It has a chance of 0,01% to drop.

As there are more than 23000 players, there should be around 20 players getting this ring just by doing maelveons cave once.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
lizardninja

Post by lizardninja »

good news and bad news then! bad news.. yawn! good news.. by the time i've got one, i'll be over level 50 if it does take the amount your suggesting and i'll have something to until the next alpha is thrown our way.. yay! btw how do you know the drop percentage?
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

Its open source. I just looked into the source. (after trying almost everything)
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
lizardninja

Post by lizardninja »

shrewd move dude! my aim is to get one before sunday! but not before i've had some sleep.. goodluck to you if your trying to get one as well! btw do you know the rate of getting the damage rings in flagstone, so I have a comparison?
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

It seems to be 1% there. You only need to kill 69 Skeletons to have a 50% chance get one. ;)
But perhaps you are lucky and get it after the first one...
lizardninja

Post by lizardninja »

first time.. if only! i've already gone through about 300, although rings of damage.. around 1 in 40, thats like 33percent less! so maybe only 4000! heres hopin' anyway.. only 3700 left to go, I estimate around 6-8 hours worth of slayin' also about 250 bonemeals! I hope its worth it.