Well hello there

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Stompp
android_version: 4.0

Well hello there

Post by Stompp »

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi".. LOVING the game, I'm a developer by day, but I thought I'd try my hand at some maps..

So far, I've been lurking and such, reading the forums... And as suggested in another thread I'm going to start with a generic dungeon to get my feet wet (and not commit to something big right off the bat, or muck with the worldmap) so if it doesn't get used, no worries.

So yeah, just wanted to say "hi" to the community, and I figure if I posted that I'm working on something, I'd have way more incentive to finish it ;)

BTW, thanks for an awesome game!
Lvl: 30, XP: 478811, Gold: gone, RoLS: 1, RoL: 0
HP: 83, AC: 246%, AD: 20-24, AP: 3/12, ECC: 23%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Re: Well hello there

Post by Fire7051 »

Welcome to the Forums!

New Dungeons are always appreciated.... (Anything to get New Content) I am sure you have already browsed the map maker tutorials and stuff like that sooooo I for one am looking forward to what you come up with.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Stompp
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stompp »

Fire7051 wrote:Welcome to the Forums!

New Dungeons are always appreciated.... (Anything to get New Content) I am sure you have already browsed the map maker tutorials and stuff like that sooooo I for one am looking forward to what you come up with.

I have looked, and downloaded the source, and I'm playing around with getting the "feel" of them right, shadows, textures (nothing new, just existing tiles). Then obviously I can look into flavor text, monsters (new vs existing), possibilities of items/loot... Baby steps of course.

I'm mostly avoiding looking at the code itself, I have a tendency to look at ways to tweak UIs and add enhancements before looking at bugs, and I'm trying not to step on toes, and do something fun and creative :)

I may have some dumb questions as I get further in, but for now, it's still fun!
Lvl: 30, XP: 478811, Gold: gone, RoLS: 1, RoL: 0
HP: 83, AC: 246%, AD: 20-24, AP: 3/12, ECC: 23%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

[quote="Stompp]

I have looked, and downloaded the source, and I'm playing around with getting the "feel" of them right, shadows, textures (nothing new, just existing tiles). Then obviously I can look into flavor text, monsters (new vs existing), possibilities of items/loot... Baby steps of course.

I'm mostly avoiding looking at the code itself, I have a tendency to look at ways to tweak UIs and add enhancements before looking at bugs, and I'm trying not to step on toes, and do something fun and creative :)

I may have some dumb questions as I get further in, but for now, it's still fun![/quote]

New content is always great! If you need any help, just contact me. ;)
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1