v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

skills and thoughts?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
kingrhino
android_version: 4.0

skills and thoughts?

Post by kingrhino »

so i'm pretty new to the game... level 30 and uh i have no ideas which are the best skills to take for example i want to be really strong and kill enemies fast but i also want to keep leveling fast and get lots of money my skills are
1 hard hit
1 treasure hunter
2 corpse eater
2 increased fortitued
1 magic finder
i was wondering if regeneration was a good skill or bark skin or what skills were best for just "straight whack attack kill them all quickly"
i just want to kill monsters really quickly :(

side note*
oh and is there something weird with the bmp because i buy 50 but then icant buy anymore?
Lvl: 25 XP: 272792, Gold: 5674 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 120, AC: 152%, AD: 17-24, AP: 3, CHS: 20, CM: 3, ECC:15% BC: 27%, DR: 0
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: skills and thoughts?

Post by Sarumar »

kingrhino wrote:so i'm pretty new to the game... level 30 and uh i have no ideas which are the best skills to take for example i want to be really strong and kill enemies fast but i also want to keep leveling fast and get lots of money my skills are
1 hard hit
1 treasure hunter
2 corpse eater
2 increased fortitued
1 magic finder
i was wondering if regeneration was a good skill or bark skin or what skills were best for just "straight whack attack kill them all quickly"
side note*
oh and is there something weird with the bmp because i buy 50 but then icant buy anymore?
IMO for staight attack build. AC, AC, AD and more crit skill ;) . And when you can not buy more item... just go to sleep or wait three min in another screen.

goid hunting
Last edited by Sarumar on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I'm not sure you'd need regeneration. With the AD & AC you already have, and 2 levels of corpse eater, you can kill some weaker creatures to restore HP and get some XP at the same time. Since you already put a skill point into Magic Finder, you could try to get a Ring of Lesser Shadow (RoLS) which gives the actor condition of Shadow Regeneration.

With 2 levels in Increased Fortitude there's no need to use level ups on HP so you can put most of them into AC & AD (I personally got to level 100 before I put any into BC but your mileage may vary). You already have 1 for Hard Hit so you could use another skill point on Weapon Accuracy and then Cleave - it only works when you attack 2 or more at a time but there will be times when that can't be avoided, and not having to avoid it also means killing faster like you want.

Finally, get both levels of the Combat Speed skill (you can get the 2nd one at level 30), its a skill that will serve you for the life of the game.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
mepuri
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by mepuri »

get the combat speed...combined with jof you'll get 4 attack at a time (although it may vary with the weapon you use)..and it is awesome...i can go back and forth from the abandoned cabin to the bws with only 1-2 meats...wooohooo...

personally..i dont think you should get regeneration..you are already have corpse eater anyway
Lvl: 44, XP: 1584547, Gold: 65776, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 78, AC: 231%, AD: 32-33, AP: 3, ECC: 31%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

kingrhino wrote:so i'm pretty new to the game... level 30 and uh i have no ideas which are the best skills to take for example i want to be really strong and kill enemies fast but i also want to keep leveling fast and get lots of money my skills are
1 hard hit
1 treasure hunter
2 corpse eater
2 increased fortitued
1 magic finder

side note*
Combat speed: You can get up to lvl 2 (2 is recomended), each skill point raises your max AP by 1

Increased Fortitude: I alway say to grab more when you can, the boost to your HP is a lifesaver when you start running into baddies who can hit for a lot of damage. You can get one more Skill Level when you reach LVL 35

Regeneration: If you have corpse eater this skill isn't a must have, it is very useful for grinding when you have time when you are not moving. A combination of Regeneration and Corpse Eater can be very good at keeping you HP at max.

More Criticals: If you are going with a critical build this is a must have. It will make it so you get more critical hits. A side note: Getting Better Criticals isn't reccomended as much, you can do more damage over time ensureing you get a critical than making the multiplier higher.

Bark Skin: Meh, this skill is not as useful once you reach higher levels and the NPCs hit for a lot more damage.

BMP: No there is nothing wrong with your game, the priest takes about 3 minutes to refresh his stock of BMPs, you can run to the bed and back to get his inventory to refresh faster. =)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argon of Peristalsis
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Argon of Peristalsis »

I'm going to try something different with my current character. I'm going to follow the dodge/evasion/taunt skill path.

Why? Curiosity, because I haven't heard of anyone else trying it. I agree that IF and CS are must-haves. If what I hear about evasion is true, I'll be able to easily slip out of encounters, heal up, and return. My current, excruciating long grind for the RoL is leaving me with literally hundreds of health potions. I also have about 150k gold now, so I don't need to sell them.
Actually, I don't fight any more. I let the gods handle it. They love fighting. I get them to fight each other and leave us in peace. It's bad enough when humans start trouble.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Argon of Peristalsis wrote:I'm going to try something different with my current character. I'm going to follow the dodge/evasion/taunt skill path.

Why? Curiosity, because I haven't heard of anyone else trying it.
this is exactly what my main build and my third build are geared towards. Neither has achieved Taunt yet, but will in the upcoming release.

"A home without a beagle is just a house"