v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Silk Robe of Valugha - POLL

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

For those with a Silk Robe of Valugha, how much use does it get?

I equipped in upon looting and have never removed it.
19%
I equip it on special occasions
14%
It just sits in my collection of Extraordinary items (there's better options available to me).
67%

Total votes: 21

Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Silk Robe of Valugha - POLL

Post by Mad P »

Just imagine the drop chance for those two dropping together 1:1000000 :shock:
I wonder if anyone ever gets THAT lucky!

Maybe a set of Valugha Sunglasses 8-) should be rewarded to that lucky man
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:
Duke wrote:Do the robe and the hood drop together or separately? I've done some grinding for them, but no luck yet.
They drop separately.
Since the same NPC does drop both weapons there is always a very small chance that someone could manage to get them both in one drop, but the odds on that happening cannot be good. :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

Oh man, then it must take forever to get these two items eh? Am I doing the right thing, hanging out at the exit of the spider cave killing the two plaguestrider masters? They respawn so slowwwww.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:
tek wrote:
Duke wrote:Do the robe and the hood drop together or separately? I've done some grinding for them, but no luck yet.
They drop separately.
Since the same NPC does drop both weapons there is always a very small chance that someone could manage to get them both in one drop, but the odds on that happening cannot be good. :lol:
That is not true. Legendary & extraordinary items never drop with another item.
I believe I read this last year from one of Samuel's posts.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Gentlemen, to help reduce any further misunderstanding, neither of these items are weapons, and both are listed as "Extraordinary". So, therefore, this is also not a case of a Legendary and Extraordinary drop. Each NPC is listed by title as to what the percentage of what they can drop, does. Since both the robe and hat are possible drop items that are assigned a percentage, the possibility of gaining both at the same time should exist, but without revisiting the source code for this specific issue, I cannot confirm, nor attest this is true with 100% accuracy.

However, the real point is, if you really want one of these items, or both, you will have to invest the time to acquire them.
One of even fewer...
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

ctnbeh13 wrote:Gentlemen, to help reduce any further misunderstanding, neither of these items are weapons, and both are listed as "Extraordinary". So, therefore, this is also not a case of a Legendary and Extraordinary drop. Each NPC is listed by title as to what the percentage of what they can drop, does. Since both the robe and hat are possible drop items that are assigned a percentage, the possibility of gaining both at the same time should exist, but without revisiting the source code for this specific issue, I cannot confirm, nor attest this is true with 100% accuracy.

However, the real point is, if you really want one of these items, or both, you will have to invest the time to acquire them.
Okay very true. I should have said Extraordinary items or gear instead of weapon as that could be misleading.
tek wrote:That is not true. Legendary & extraordinary items never drop with another item.
I do not beleive that is true (now i could be mistaken). If i remember correctly when i got my Rols it was with a few rocks and a couple of potions.

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

tek wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:
tek wrote: They drop separately.
That is not true. Legendary & extraordinary items never drop with another item.
I was wrong. I just looted my 7th RoLS and it dropped with a gem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

tek wrote:I was wrong. I just looted my 7th RoLS and it dropped with a gem.
Congrats! That's a nice way of proving yourself wrong :lol:
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
J Biscuit
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by J Biscuit »

I used it for a little while before the update a few days ago, I got lucky and literally got the robe after killing about 10 plaguestride masters...quickest drop of a big item that I've had. But I also have magic finder level 3 so I'm sure that helped. I have 2 of 'em now and I don't use them for anything, just keep them in my collection to show off I guess. I found some new armor after the update that puts the robe to shame so that was the end of its use to me. But as always it depends on your build.

Ironically, I haven't been able to obtain the hat yet from that cave, it's the only extraordinary item from the original list that I haven't gotten yet. But all in due time as they say. Happy hunting folks.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

J Biscuit wrote:I used it for a little while before the update a few days ago, I got lucky and literally got the robe after killing about 10 plaguestride masters...quickest drop of a big item that I've had. But I also have magic finder level 3 so I'm sure that helped. I have 2 of 'em now and I don't use them for anything, just keep them in my collection to show off I guess. I found some new armor after the update that puts the robe to shame so that was the end of its use to me. But as always it depends on your build.

Ironically, I haven't been able to obtain the hat yet from that cave, it's the only extraordinary item from the original list that I haven't gotten yet. But all in due time as they say. Happy hunting folks.
Congrats on your Robe Biscuit! and happy hunting on your future endeavors! =)