v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in German

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Hayzle
android_version: 4.0

Re: Translation in German

Post by Hayzle »

Hey together!
I started playing your awesome game =)
With time i recognized, that there isn't translated everything yet, so i would like to join you and work on the german translation.
I got some questions for you:

Can i use the newest translations in my game somehow, or do i have to wait for a complete new update to download?
Second questions is, who is working on which part to translate? I saw the post from Samuel on Nov 21, in which he uploaded a new file to translate, but how do i know who translates this file and which parts of the file, if i want to translate, too?

Ok, hope you need help and can help me with my questions ;)

Hayzle
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Hayzle wrote:...so i would like to join you and work on the german translation.
Nice to hear that.
Hayzle wrote:Can i use the newest translations in my game somehow, or do i have to wait for a complete new update to download?
Wait for the next release, or create a custom build. Probably the later one is not feasible for you.
Hayzle wrote:...who is working on which part to translate?
AFAIK there is no one working on anything.

Only missing file to translate: (The last translated entries are for the city Vilegard)
> content_conversationlist.xml

Translation How To:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2209

@All:
Concerning "Cleave": What do you think?
  • Durchsetzungsvermögen
  • Bresche - I dont like it as IMO its not easy to associate it with the effect of cleave.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
lovelyme
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by lovelyme »

WOw i guess ahm not really guess but i believe that samuel's
post was right yeahh your good job.. this can realy help me
cause somtimes i incounter that problems ....

^_^
Many people are finding that blowgun offer quite a challenging and fun sport.
Fala

Post by Fala »

All my plans to spend some time on the German translation have been stopped by my little kids. Maybe I will find more time later this year, but I want to throw in two thoughts:

Cleave - I would translate this skill as "Wuchtiger Schlag". It is not the same as "etwas spalten", but sounds good and IMHO explains what to expect from this skill.

You can buy "Green hat" and "Fine green hat" in Crossglenn and Fallhaven. In this case "hat" should not be translated as "Hut" but as "Mütze". To me the icons clearly show Mützen.
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

Fala wrote: Cleave - I would translate this skill as "Wuchtiger Schlag". It is not the same as "etwas spalten", but sounds good and IMHO explains what to expect from this skill.
That would surely be confused with the hard hit skill (="Kräftiger Schlag").
What do you think about "Befreiungsschlag"?

Fala wrote: You can buy "Green hat" and "Fine green hat" in Crossglenn and Fallhaven. In this case "hat" should not be translated as "Hut" but as "Mütze". To me the icons clearly show Mützen.
Or "Kappe"?
Fala

Post by Fala »

You're right, "kräftig" and "wuchtig" would be confusing. Another thought was "Blutrausch" (i.e. killing the enemy makes you so euphoric that you get extra AP).

I would interpret "Kappe" as a slightly more robust item than a "Mütze". It would be fine for me, but I think that the existing caps in the game (mostly leather caps, when I remember correctly) have a higher BC than the green hat.
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

Maybe Someone could help me with the translation of "the five Idols" Quest.
Actually its hard to figure out what an "idol" could be - because basically there are no gods in AT.
http://www.dict.cc gives me following suggestions:
-Abgot
-Idol
-Götze
-Schwarm
-Götzenbild
-Kultbild
-Abbild

me personally prefering "Götze/Götzenbild" which is usually translated into "juggernaut".
would you agree or is a "Götze" still too god-like for AT?
Maybe another possibility would be to near the meaning of "idol" to "spirit" which is some more mystic and naturally (I know there are ghostsand spirits as monsters, but are there other kind of decent spirits in AT?).
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

I suggest "Fetisch".
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

I like Fetisch :)
Duden says "[heiliger] Gegenstand, dem magische Kräfte zugeschrieben werden, subjektiv besondere Bedeutung beigemessen wird; Götzenbild"
and has not really something to do with "Fetischismus" which is known in german more (cause its sexual relation) than the word "Fetisch" itself.
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

Any suggestions for the translations of the "Marrowtaint" necklace? With 9%BC;9%AC;+5HP and -1 AP attack cost its a really good necklace, which could be obtained in the "five idols" quest near remgard. I guess we really need a strong, good name.

some thoughts:
-Markgift
-Knochengift
-Verdorbenes Mark

-