V0.7 and yet i'm disappointed

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

V0.7 and yet i'm disappointed

Post by SirGrindsalot »

It's the long awaited version (1 year in the making, no less), but yet i feel that one major problem hasn't been solved.

Sure, the game has improved - love the map, like the new UI options, like also the new gear and skills. I'm glad the xp rewards for quests has been improved substantially.

But the questlines are still disjointed. I've done every quest in the game except Lodar's hideout, and there's now way i can get to him with my lev 38. I will have to grind another 10 levels for hardhit, cleave and some BC, and maybe 300 bmp, before i can take him, go back, and then - i assume - back again.

I hope V0.8 will have some lev 40-50 content put in, so one doesn't have to grind for three days on BWM just to progress with the story.

That, or the mobs in Lodar's hidout could have been made easier. Mind you, i love the new mob behaviour, it adds a new layer of depth to the game.

But at the same time, the "aggressive stance" mode (where you will always attack a mob if you come close to it) could have been implemented, as it closely relates to the new mobs; it's frustrating to have to reload because i tried to click on my tiny android screen to attack a mob, and instead i walked past him, and put myself in the mids of a bunch of angry ghosts.

I feel this new version is a substantial improvement over V0.6 - but i also feel that something is missing.

(now, i just hope it won't be another year before the next version)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: V0.7 and yet i'm disappointed

Post by Sarumar »

SirGrindsalot wrote:It's the long awaited version (1 year in the making, no less), but yet i feel that one major problem hasn't been solved.

Sure, the game has improved - love the map, like the new UI options, like also the new gear and skills. I'm glad the xp rewards for quests has been improved substantially.

But the questlines are still disjointed. I've done every quest in the game except Lodar's hideout, and there's now way i can get to him with my lev 38. I will have to grind another 10 levels for hardhit, cleave and some BC, and maybe 300 bmp, before i can take him, go back, and then - i assume - back again.

I hope V0.8 will have some lev 40-50 content put in, so one doesn't have to grind for three days on BWM just to progress with the story.

That, or the mobs in Lodar's hidout could have been made easier. Mind you, i love the new mob behaviour, it adds a new layer of depth to the game.

But at the same time, the "aggressive stance" mode (where you will always attack a mob if you come close to it) could have been implemented, as it closely relates to the new mobs; it's frustrating to have to reload because i tried to click on my tiny android screen to attack a mob, and instead i walked past him, and put myself in the mids of a bunch of angry ghosts.

I feel this new version is a substantial improvement over V0.6 - but i also feel that something is missing.

(now, i just hope it won't be another year before the next version)
Hi there fellow adventurer,

I strongly suggest you to start a new build. You will be amused how fast your newbuild will progress and gain levels ..
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

Also you are in the way wrong place if you wat XP. Bwm is for gold if you want XP and lvls at 48 go to the iquan cave or run around with the brunts and the hippos on the road to remgard. And even at Lvl 40 300 bmps wont last long in the green maze. Take at least 800... you will thank me later lol

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Post by SirGrindsalot »

Sarumar, ofc i started a fresh character. Decided to go for critical build (but no feathered hat, i have the 7%AC 6%BC helmet from remgard instead), had fun in bwm, loved the new - and imho quite OP - chainmail, but now that i'm facing Lodar's, i can't help think that it's gotta be either a BC or a QSD build to progress - anyone else will have to grind, grind grind.

grinding should be a choice ...

btw, what i mean is.. my build has (i'm not that rich yet, i was able to progress quite fast through BWM) the standard crit setup, and More Crits (2). Those guys down there are immune. Two of my skill levels are worthless, my weapon is uP, my rings lose their main attribute.

now i'm grinding money to get a full set of damage gear - i got the shield and Flagstone's, need 2 rings, boots, possibly QSD. because the way my toon is built now, there is no way i can get through there, even being extra careful.
and then out again.

and then back in again.

and then back out.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

we are WAY too far from the "end" to start fretting about balance issues on recently released content...

***it's under construction***

something about how "combat is gonna be over-hauled"...

;)

changes will be gradual, so as not to upset the order of things as they are.

[from the point of view of a brand new player, playing version 0.7.0 fresh]

not from the point of view of a high level player looking for an "End Game"

[look towards the bigger picture]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

V7 did have a vast improvement to the maps and made it easier for players to get around and yes there seems to be a gap in area difficulty but i think you might be able to survive the areas near the Iqhan Caves and a the area near the Spider Caves.

Any suggestions on ways to improve on V7.1?

Happy Hunting Grinds!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------