v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

POLL: Which gloves do you prefer?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Which gloves do you prefer? Please select 1 of the first 3 and 1 on the last 2.

Gloves of Life Force (GoLF)
2%
Troublemaker's gloves (TG)
53%
Guard's Gloves (GG)
3%
GoLF Not "extraordinary" enough when compared to GG & TG
33%
GoLF is "extraordinary" enough
9%

Total votes: 99

Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: POLL: Which gloves do you prefer?

Post by Zukero »

My character was lvl 40 when the skill system was introduced, and I had spent many lvl ups in HP boost, but I am way to lazy to restart from scratch so I stick with the Enchanted Remgard Gloves even though my build is totally crithit-oriented.
I'm even less inclined to restart now that I have a RoLS, and even thinikng about entering that cave again gives me nightmares.
I may be tempted by the GoLF if I get one without too much grinding.

As an excuse for having an underpowered build given my level (because of not restarting), I'm somehow proud of having a character that has evolved with the game, created in the first released version of AT, and completed each update before the next rolled out.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Antison wrote:I should create this poll again with the worn plated gloves included. I'd be very interested in seeing if others have abandoned their troublemakers' gloves in favor of the wpg.
Yes you should do that. There are some new intresting item...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:
Antison wrote:I should create this poll again with the worn plated gloves included. I'd be very interested in seeing if others have abandoned their troublemakers' gloves in favor of the wpg.
Yes you should do that. There are some new intresting item...
I switched to the WPG. But i wasn't using the Troublemaker's Gloves. ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Which gloves do you prefer?

Post by Thystonius »

Stoodge wrote:
Mino wrote:
tek wrote:IMO, The "extraordinary" items should be a lot "better" than anything that can be bought, and the "legendary" items should be "better" than the "extraordinary" items and the items that can be bought.
I feel the same way about boss drops, that they should be better than any items sold in stores, but imo only the weapons have been pretty good (Flagstone's pride, Dagger of the Shadow Priest, Venomous Dagger, Shadow of the Slayer), and some still prefer the quickstrike dagger or the iron sword, both store bought.

The other 2 were armor and were not worth the loss of AP (Stone Cuirass) or the loss of AC (Wolfpack animal hide).

As for the L & E items, I think what makes them extraordinary or legendary should be the extra attributes (bless, regeneration, regain HP on hit, etc.). So maybe that's what the GoLF are missing, they could restore HP on hit, or just on kill, but something that the other gloves don't do.
totally agree.
But keeping in mind that these "boss drops" are from only the beginning (or first few levels/dungeons) of the game. as new areas are opened up the items should increase in awesomeness, as is the standard i have found in most RPG's that i have played.

IMO L,E and Boss items could do with needing a requirement to use, ie must be level 20 to use this item, AC must be XX% to use this weapon etc...

Perhaps the GoLF could have a "+5 HP on kill, when unarmed" as they would be directly draining the life force from the victim?
Both your requirement remark and the suggestion for the GoLF are awesome.
It doesn't make sense that a small boy without much experience is able to use a stone cuirass, or if so, it should have malusses if certain stats are too low. In that case, the range of levels where a certain piece of eq is useful gets larger.
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Please vote in the latest poll

Pyrizzle,

Could you please close this poll?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Thread Locked

Link: [ The New "Gloves" Poll ]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Thanks Bro!

I was off the last few days in a dead zone... (Area with no Wi-fi or phone service.... GASP!!)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!