You guys read my mind (regarding gaining new skills)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
merrill77
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

You guys read my mind (regarding gaining new skills)

Post by merrill77 »

I recently completed the quests around the Charwood mining area...and the developers read my mind. One of the suggestions I wanted to make is that the process of mastering a new skill kinda takes me out of the game experience. We just click something and *puff* we are magically much better at something than we were a moment ago.

My suggestion was going to be something like this: Instead of magically gaining a skill, I would like to see the acquisition of new skills as an in-game experience. I imagine that there could be NPCs that have the ability to teach us certain skills (priests teach healing, fighters teach combat skills, some old guy in a barn who was once a great fighter, etc). When our player does not yet meet the requirements, they might respond by saying that we need more experience or we need to improve our ABC skill before they can teach us. I can envision a variety of personalities...Mr Miyagi comes to mind (Karate Kid reference). When our character is ready (based on level and skill requirements), then the teacher might demand payment in the form of gold, items or quests....or they might do it because we heard that we helped somebody else. Or we might have to prove our readiness by defeating them in battle.

Anyway - I like what was done in Charwood with getting skills as payment for completing a quest and I hope to see much more of this in future AT releases!

Great work!!!
Chris
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: You guys read my mind (regarding gaining new skills)

Post by Sarumar »

+1 Great post i fully agree !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1