are you sure button

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
qasur

Re: are you sure button

Post by qasur »

An interesting idea, but maybe this type of implementation would be to fine-tuned for players.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

ejwessel wrote:
Samuel wrote:What did you implement? Only the name check?
Do you consider to do the change the name code too?
Otherwise I consider it. May I see your changes then?
I just put a check if the names differ(only the name check). I dont think the change name is necessary. As much as I do have different games I do like to keep the same name and its not like I couldn't just save a new file; I don't have to save over any of my other files.
Changes should be in the repository already :)
Yes, I saw the code. Nice work. You should have taken a translatable string instead of a hardcoded English one, but the rest looked good. (Oskar corrected it.)
IMO naming the different savegames is really needed if we extend from 4 to unlimited. Someone stated this also here. I like the idea there to not rename the player but the savegame itself. Would be more consistent.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

Samuel wrote: You should have taken a translatable string instead of a hardcoded English one
Didn't know there was a translatable string. I just thought I'd do it in english and the translators would do the rest =P Good to know!
Samuel wrote:IMO naming the different savegames is really needed if we extend from 4 to unlimited. Someone stated this also here. I like the idea there to not rename the player but the savegame itself. Would be more consistent.
Great Idea!
qasur

Post by qasur »

BTW, thanks guys for getting this done. I think my looking around at the files still had me confused, as this code is not native to me. I think I'll just stick to coming up with ideas/items/quests/improvements and seeing if you guys can program it for me :)