v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Ideas for The Next Meeting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Ideas for The Next Meeting

Post by Tomcat »

Sarumar wrote:
PK17 wrote:Can we please put a total kill count on the enemy information screen?

I would very much like to see how many of each monster I have killed, and not just the top 5.
Total kill count is already there. Im not sure about your idea of seeing kill count of all of the differend monsters becauce this list will be really long.
The save file must have the info, to keep track of top five. Wouldn't need to display a list, just put the current number in the monster info when you fight one, like PK said.

The detail to sort out is handling when monsters with the same name and icon appear multiple times in the monster list, usually because of slight variations in hp and/or drop list .. the easiest would be to simply let them remain separate, but it might seen confusing to the player.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Love this suggestion on this thread to have the multiplier on the Status effect on the screen and have the image fade as the timer runs out.

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Tomcat wrote:
Sarumar wrote:
PK17 wrote:Can we please put a total kill count on the enemy information screen?

I would very much like to see how many of each monster I have killed, and not just the top 5.
Total kill count is already there. Im not sure about your idea of seeing kill count of all of the differend monsters becauce this list will be really long.
The save file must have the info, to keep track of top five. Wouldn't need to display a list, just put the current number in the monster info when you fight one, like PK said.

The detail to sort out is handling when monsters with the same name and icon appear multiple times in the monster list, usually because of slight variations in hp and/or drop list .. the easiest would be to simply let them remain separate, but it might seen confusing to the player.
Finally starting to catch up to the forums again....

How about if two or more enemies share an icon or a name the Killcount for them can show under the original killcount, just to give the player a better grasp on how many of each they have killed. I could just go on and on about how helpful this would be.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Welcome back PK17!

Let me see if i am geting what you are suggesting.

All the NPCs on one type
(Example)Snake - Poisonous, Cave, Tough, etc would all be counted as a kill in the same category?

PK17

Post by PK17 »

I was thinking more along the lines of showing each specific type's killcount, but that might just end up being too much for enemies like the snakes, wolves, and etc...

Maybe show the killcount for the original enemy you selected and then show a seperate killcount of all of the variations combined like so.

Kills: 5,478

Kills of Variations: 7,892

At least that way it would hint to the player to find a specific variation if they wanted to know the specific killcount.

Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

PK17 wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of showing each specific type's killcount, but that might just end up being too much for enemies like the snakes, wolves, and etc...

Maybe show the killcount for the original enemy you selected and then show a seperate killcount of all of the variations combined like so.

Kills: 5,478

Kills of Variations: 7,892

At least that way it would hint to the player to find a specific variation if they wanted to know the specific killcount.
Like a click down menu?
Categories: (Main type) > Sub types (strong, young, etc)

Menu: (Example)

-Wolves (529)
-Foxes (760)
-Snakes (1,312)

---------------------------

-Wolves (529)
-Foxes (760)
-Snakes (1,312) <------ Clicked on this one
~ Green (732)<
~ Tough (412)
~ Cave (113)
~ Poisonous (55) <-------- sub type

PK17

Post by PK17 »

Pyro, that sort of what I had suggested at first. Let me try to clarify a little bit.

My first suggestion was to add the number of times a player killed one specific creature (It's logo, name and stats) to it's monster icon (The image at the very top left corner). But as Tomcat pointed out, that might confuse some players, since some creatures share some similar logos, and names (with minor stat differences). So I proposed just adding another killcount right below it that shows the number of times you have killed a 'similar' enemy. But I can see how that could be confusing as well. I am thinking that it would be best to just show the one 'specific enemy' killcount and let the players figure it out on their own or they could come ask on the forum.

Ahhhhh, but what would we do with no more counting items???? :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

PK17 wrote:Pyro, that sort of what I had suggested at first. Let me try to clarify a little bit.

My first suggestion was to add the number of times a player killed one specific creature (It's logo, name and stats) to it's monster icon (The image at the very top left corner). But as Tomcat pointed out, that might confuse some players, since some creatures share some similar logos, and names (with minor stat differences). So I proposed just adding another killcount right below it that shows the number of times you have killed a 'similar' enemy. But I can see how that could be confusing as well. I am thinking that it would be best to just show the one 'specific enemy' killcount and let the players figure it out on their own or they could come ask on the forum.

Ahhhhh, but what would we do with no more counting items???? :lol: :twisted: :lol:

+1
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:+1
Welcome back buddy! We have been missing you around the forums!

Did you hear you have been dethroned?

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Sarumar wrote:+1
Welcome back buddy! We have been missing you around the forums!

Did you hear you have been dethroned?
Thanks Pyro! It is kinda nice to be still alive ;) and yes i notised this forum newbie, but really impressive competitor Fel ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1