General gameplay

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
kiffer
android_version: 4.2

General gameplay

Post by kiffer »

Screenshot_2013-11-05-12-49-04.jpg
Hello to everyone I am new here so would like to start by thanking everyone who has contributed to this game I think it has a lot of potential and iv already lost a few days of my life on it.I do have a quick question if anyone knows/can help which is "is it possible to use the animal parts for anything other than poison potions,also I have gone to remgard and im very low on health is there a quick way back or another place to buy bonemal potioms the potioms in the shop are far too expensive?" I was also wandering is there a way to remove "blacwater misery" seems odd to have jinxed equipment,also . Was tempted to.sell some legendary items as some of them seem pretty useless bit the game asked me to confirm cos I womt be able to get them again do they have any hidden skillks???? Questioms questions I know sorry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: General gameplay

Post by fiernaq »

Welcome to Andor's Trail! :)

Most animal parts are not yet used for anything but that doesn't mean that will always be true. Personally, once I got to a decent level and no longer needed gold as much I stopped selling them (or anything) and I just hang onto everything now. Eventually, as more quests and more content get added you can assume that some of those animal parts will become useful.

As far as I know, the only place to buy bonemeal potions is in Fallhaven. There are other foods you can get (and some people even play the entire game without using bonemeal so I know it's possible) but if you reached Remgard and are running low on potions then you need to take your time, grind out some gold carefully by running back to town and resting instead of using potions and then buying more potions with the gold you've gathered. It takes a while which is why the preferred method is to stock up so much that you never have to worry about running low but it is possible.

Blackwater Misery is an actor condition applied to you buy wearing any single piece of Blackwater equipment. Wearing multiple pieces of Blackwater equipment does not stack the condition though and considering how powerful that equipment is, you can actually have a very powerful build by using most of it even with the Misery affecting you. In other words, I would recommend either wearing all of it (except the rings) or none of it. Don't use just one or two pieces.

The only reason not to sell legendary or extraordinary items is because a lot of them are unique items (you can never obtain them again if you destroy them) or simply very difficult to obtain again (yay, grinding). If you don't have a use for them and know for sure that you won't mind not having it then go ahead and sell them. Personally, I'd recommend that you just hang onto them because as combat changes certain items become more useful while others become less powerful and you never know when that item you just sold may suddenly be better than the one you're wielding.

Here's a few tips you may find useful though:
BC - I see you have 99% BC which is pretty good but unfortunately is still at the awkward amount where you will get hit often enough that it doesn't matter. I'd aim for at least 150% BC if that's the route you want to go.
AC - 203% AC is rather low for someone going to Remgard (and trying to get back). Some of the monsters on that path have rather high BC and you're going to find yourself missing a lot. If you'd rather focus on AC than on BC then shoot for a minimum of 250% and preferably more than that.
AD - You have very low AD which is understandable considering how high your BC is but I think this is hurting you. If you can't kill stuff fast enough then it has more chances to hit you and no matter how high your BC is, given enough chances any monster will be able to start causing some serious damage which results in you needing more potions.

In short, you went a rather balanced route instead of specializing in one area. This is great for most parts of AT but there are some areas where this would be a detriment to you and one of those areas is the road to Remgard. You could try equipping more of the Blackwater set (it has some fabulous stats) and go for a high BC build, you could swap some items around and try to raise your AC more... but really, you need more AD, especially base AD. It would currently take you 10 hits of near max (non-crit) damage to kill a 300HP monster and that means you're sitting there for a while beating on it and giving it more and more opportunities to cause you damage.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
kiffer

Post by kiffer »

thankyou fiernaq that response is very informative I actually thought my attack was good,now you mention it yes It does take a long time and a few potions to win some 1 on 1 battles,im gonna work on my attack damage and accuracy whilst buying cooked meat, then I can go home :D I miss my dad!!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:Welcome to Andor's Trail! :)

Most animal parts are not yet used for anything but that doesn't mean that will always be true. Personally, once I got to a decent level and no longer needed gold as much I stopped selling them (or anything) and I just hang onto everything now. Eventually, as more quests and more content get added you can assume that some of those animal parts will become useful.

As far as I know, the only place to buy bonemeal potions is in Fallhaven. There are other foods you can get (and some people even play the entire game without using bonemeal so I know it's possible) but if you reached Remgard and are running low on potions then you need to take your time, grind out some gold carefully by running back to town and resting instead of using potions and then buying more potions with the gold you've gathered. It takes a while which is why the preferred method is to stock up so much that you never have to worry about running low but it is possible.

Blackwater Misery is an actor condition applied to you buy wearing any single piece of Blackwater equipment. Wearing multiple pieces of Blackwater equipment does not stack the condition though and considering how powerful that equipment is, you can actually have a very powerful build by using most of it even with the Misery affecting you. In other words, I would recommend either wearing all of it (except the rings) or none of it. Don't use just one or two pieces.

The only reason not to sell legendary or extraordinary items is because a lot of them are unique items (you can never obtain them again if you destroy them) or simply very difficult to obtain again (yay, grinding). If you don't have a use for them and know for sure that you won't mind not having it then go ahead and sell them. Personally, I'd recommend that you just hang onto them because as combat changes certain items become more useful while others become less powerful and you never know when that item you just sold may suddenly be better than the one you're wielding.

Here's a few tips you may find useful though:
BC - I see you have 99% BC which is pretty good but unfortunately is still at the awkward amount where you will get hit often enough that it doesn't matter. I'd aim for at least 150% BC if that's the route you want to go.
AC - 203% AC is rather low for someone going to Remgard (and trying to get back). Some of the monsters on that path have rather high BC and you're going to find yourself missing a lot. If you'd rather focus on AC than on BC then shoot for a minimum of 250% and preferably more than that.
AD - You have very low AD which is understandable considering how high your BC is but I think this is hurting you. If you can't kill stuff fast enough then it has more chances to hit you and no matter how high your BC is, given enough chances any monster will be able to start causing some serious damage which results in you needing more potions.

In short, you went a rather balanced route instead of specializing in one area. This is great for most parts of AT but there are some areas where this would be a detriment to you and one of those areas is the road to Remgard. You could try equipping more of the Blackwater set (it has some fabulous stats) and go for a high BC build, you could swap some items around and try to raise your AC more... but really, you need more AD, especially base AD. It would currently take you 10 hits of near max (non-crit) damage to kill a 300HP monster and that means you're sitting there for a while beating on it and giving it more and more opportunities to cause you damage.

+1 to Fiernaq!
Really helpfull post, perhaps too helpfull ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Greetings kiffer,

The only advice that I would add to that which has been thoughtfully provided, is for you to enter "Blackwater misery" into the old search box to review the results to determine the best course of action for your current approach with the character build that you are working with. ;)
One of even fewer...
kiffer

Post by kiffer »

Thankyou