Do you like extraordinary and legendary items?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Do you like extraordinary and legendary items?

1) I play Andors Trail between releases. (just to gain levels or items, not for quests etc.)
15%
2) I do hunt for this items.
17%
3) I do not hunt for this items.
1%
4) I think this items are the reason that I play between releases.
11%
5) I find it frustrating to hunt for this items.
12%
6) I would skill some skillpoints to a skill to increase the drop ratios.
11%
7) I would like to completely remove this items.
No votes
8) I would like to stop introducing more of this items.
No votes
9) I would like to introduce more of this items.
18%
10) There should be more extraordinary items (drop chance 1/1000) instead of legendary items. (drop chance 1/10000)
16%

Total votes: 141

qasur

Re: Do you like extraordinary and legendary items?

Post by qasur »

I concur with Rory.

Actually, the Legendary Items are really awesome bonus in the game. And, even as they stand, people *are* looking for them. And, also, people have *randomly* found them in the first few instances they've entered the dungeons. So, it's a neato item to get when you're not looking for it.

In all honestly, I guess my opinion about them being to weak is only because there are 3 currently in the game. If there 30 legendary items in the game, and of those 30, 3 were swords, 3 were rings, 3 were shoes, 3 were helmets, etc. with a myiad of good and/or bad abilities just *slightly* above normal gear, then they would be perks to get, but not required. Essentially, the items he has are awesome for the game, he just needs more so that there is a plethora to choose from and not just one is the end-all-be-all.

If one ever becomes *too* good, then it should be adjusted down in power to be better than a purchased a weapon, but not so good that you *have* to get it. Also, if you pump more of these items into the game, then the random chance that players will get them without grinding becomes higher. Suddenly, it's "oh, I picked up that wicked cool helmet the other day while clearing this dungeon of bats deep down the PRIM mines" or something.

I'm going to go off on an aside here, but one aspect I think that would be cool to balance these legendary weapons is to make "sets". As Oskar has already implimented with the RoLS, you cannot gain two bonuses from the same actor, right? So, if you have two objects with "Regeneration" then only one would work, right? If that's how it's supposed to work, then he could create more weapons, armors, and trinkets that have the same name for the actor condition but bestow a different effect for balance reasons.

By doing this, you could keep someone from wearing 10 pieces of armor/jewels that all have "gain 1 HP every 6 seconds". Also, if you have a monster legendary sword that is, let's say, AC 30% AP4, Dmg 8-16, and has Actor of "Bless: 20% Crit / x3" then you would be unable to mix it with say an armor chest piece that was BC 30%, AC -5%, with Actor of "Bless: DR 2" because they both has "bless" as the actor (don't know if this is how it works or not). In this way, you could have two awesome and strong types of gear, but make them in such a way that they balance out how you want to build your character. Maybe you go with the DR 2 armor because you have a weapon you like better, or something else. It would make it like now, where some players prefer to use Flagstone's Pride over Venomous Dagger. Players who have both all don't use just one -- they decided which fits their style of play.

Overall, I think Legendary Items are an awesome perk and make the game have that extra flavor, and as others have said, gives players something to do between releases (right now), but once it's 100% released, they provide that uniqueness of cool stuff that a player would want if they could get it, otherwise they would just finish the game (kinda like Final Fantasy 7 -- sometimes you go and find the Ultimate weapons, but they aren't needed to win the game).
pelligrini

Post by pelligrini »

Good discussion. I voted 1,2,4,6,9,10

I really like having the hard to find items in the game. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple really, really, hard to find items in the future.
Lvl: 95, XP: 15472157, Gold: 741302, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1 , RoL 1, ChaR 4, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 2, VSH 1
HP: 136, AC: 278%, AD: 42-46, AP: 3, CS: 76 CM: 5.25, CC:33%, BC: 130%, DR: 1, UPD: 2012/7/18
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Samuel wrote: Originally Oskar didn't mean us to hunt for them, but instead getting the items by chance. Currently he is disappointed about the frustration about them. He considers not to add any more legendary and extraordinary items.
I'm not sure frustrating is the right word, just the closest one from the choices. I guess if you don't know about the items, then you'd just go about playing the game for quests and maybe grinding for more xp or gold to buy equipment. Its more a feeling of "will I ever get one, how many of these trainers/imps have I killed?", but not quite frustration because I bring it on myself to choose to hunt for them. But I keep trying because I see that info on them and I'd like to have one. For now though, I'm focusing more on gaining xp so I can use the skill points to increase my chances after the next update.

One thing that might make the hunt easier without increasing the drop chance would be to add "automatic attack" into preferences so that when you get next to a creature you get first attack. Some may not want this if they're actually trying to avoid a fight by moving around it, but this way, you don't sneak up on a trainer (for example) only to have them get a lucky critical hit and kill you.

Also, I'm not sure if the game currently has a count of how many of each creature you kill (even if it doesn't display anywhere) but if when you click on the info for a creature you're fighting it also showed how many of them you've killed so far, then we'd at least have an idea of how many more we'd have to go through to get the item (based off having to kill 10,000).

But I want to make it clear, having these items in the game is a good thing. It gives motivation to keep playing even if all the available quests are done, and having legendary, or even regular, items with different properties keeps the game interesting and fun. It also leads to some good topics on the boards.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cervando

Post by Cervando »

Personally, I do grind for the items so I want more of them in game. However the drop chance is way too low. What I would like is the current drop rate to be increased 5 fold and another tier of even better equipment introduced that was truly legendary but had the old drop rate. Currently the legendary items are not that special and should be buffed, especially the 2 swords. The venomous dagger is way too good in comparison, especially since it is available so early in the game. I also find it bizarre that items available in the shops are better than those dropped by end bosses. So in short:

1. Boss drops need to be better than bought items.
2. Rename Legendary items, Extraordinary, increase drop rate 5 fold and buff the stats of the swords.
3. Add more Extraordinary items, for all equipment slots.
4. Add new truly Legendary items that have the old drop rate but are significantly better than other equipment.

Examples of improvements would be to make the RoLS, AP3, as rapiers are fast weapons in real life and give it a good crit bonus. The ElyR should have do more base damage and the bless bonus changed so that it did something different, as it seems redundant when it is the same as adding 5% to its AC. I would like it to give a % chance to avoid debuffs such as fatigue. If not, add a weapon that either reduces the chance of fatigue affecting you and/or reduces the number of rounds it lasts and call it Wyrmbane.
Level 40, AP 3, AC 195%, AD 21-22, CC 25%, CM 3, BC 60%, HP 60, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0

OR

Level 40, AP 2, AC 170%, AD 27, CC 0%, CM 0, BC 40%, HP 40, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

At the beginning sorry for my long post :roll: I tried to highlight the most important pieces :)
I voted for 1,2,4,5,6,9,10
I will try to clarify my decision.

I voted for 4 AND 5 because:
It somehow IS frustrating to spend hour upon hour grinding for some kind of item without getting it, after some rounds in the gargoyle cave there often is a moment when I think "F*** this Rols I won't ever get one" and stop playing but few hours (or often minutes :D ) later I'm back in the caves grinding. I share Rory Macs thought, that most people are exagerating in the posts about how "frustrating" it is, no one is forced to search for them so IMO everyone searching for a legendary item has fun by doing it or at least nothing better to spend his time with. And some extraordinary items as a destination which will be easier to reach and the new magic finder skill will make the hunt for special items even more fun I think.

I voted for 9 AND 10 because:
I think it would be great to have more extraordinary and legendary items released, but IMO it would be good not to include more than one new legendary item per release but instead some extraordinary ones. Extraordinary items should be a bit better than "normal" equippment like the two new legendary weapons are, but legendary items should really be worth the time one has to spend for them as Cervando posted. Perhaps it would also be good to have some NPCs, like for example the guy who tells you about the Gargoyle cave, telling you some kind of Legend about the legendary item and why one has probably the possibility to achieve it there.
In the moment I can’t imagine any other reasons to play for free which would fit with how the game is and probably will be, also games like Diablo which are similar have nothing but many items monsters can drop and possibilities to improve items, so at least also there everything is about killing mobs to get better equipment.

Sorry if there are any logical faults in the text, I don't want to read through it anymore :D
To conclude what really is frustration, is having written a similar post on my mobil phone a few days ago and having lost it because my internet application broke down :(
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
moe
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by moe »

i do try to hunt for them but ive oversaved my heroes again ... not on purpus though i just started to have a 2nd hero an oversaved the other1... :cry: :cry: :lol:
moe
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by moe »

and i also think there schould be something like magic for which you need these bones, claws, insectshells .... what do think about this
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

moe wrote:i do try to hunt for them but ive oversaved my heroes again ... not on purpus though i just started to have a 2nd hero an oversaved the other1... :cry: :cry: :lol:

I've done that too, and it really sucks when you realize you accidentally saved over the wrong slot. I have 2 separate games going (so far there's been quests that involve 1 of 2 possible choices so I can try out both choices).

But after the accidental save overs, I use 2 save slots for each game. Game 1 is on save 1 & 2, and game 2 is on save 3 & 4. So its a backup for each main save.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Gottkaiser wrote: Perhaps it would also be good to have some NPCs, like for example the guy who tells you about the Gargoyle cave, telling you some kind of Legend about the legendary item and why one has probably the possibility to achieve it there.
Really, REALLY good idea. If not for this forum, no one who doesn't already have a legendary item would know anything about them, or would even consider spending many hours grinding for them.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|