Bombs

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Bombs

Post by Covenant »

Bombs.

Not as an offensive weapon, but as a tool to access secret caves and pathways.

Am thinking like original Zelda style bombs here that can be used to blow holes in mountain side to expose a cave with loot.

Perhaps you can only get them from Lodar, and then use them to blow open and shortcut cave from the caverns below that comes out near the Foaming Flask tavern.

This idea came to me while 'On the road to Remguard'. I found this crack in the wall and had an uncontrollable desire to blow it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Bombs

Post by Sarumar »

Covenant wrote:Bombs.

Not as an offensive weapon, but as a tool to access secret caves and pathways.

Am thinking like original Zelda style bombs here that can be used to blow holes in mountain side to expose a cave with loot.

Perhaps you can only get them from Lodar, and then use them to blow open and shortcut cave from the caverns below that comes out near the Foaming Flask tavern.

This idea came to me while 'On the road to Remguard'. I found this crack in the wall and had an uncontrollable desire to blow it up.
Nothing to do with Zelda -saaga ? :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Covenant »

Me, what can I say, I've always loved the Zelda franchise. Am switching from AT to A Link Between Worlds when I get a DSXL and the game for Xmas. We'll, at least for a while.

But I think the bomb option is a workable alternative to Fast Travel, using them to open shortcuts. And only fro
One direction, of course, after arriving at the destination the long way first.

And everyone of those cracks in the wall? Make it a loot cave. And invite the community to do map making for them. The theory being that one small cave map is a good/easy way to start out with Tiled.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Covenant wrote:Me, what can I say, I've always loved the Zelda franchise. Am switching from AT to A Link Between Worlds when I get a DSXL and the game for Xmas. We'll, at least for a while.

But I think the bomb option is a workable alternative to Fast Travel, using them to open shortcuts. And only fro
One direction, of course, after arriving at the destination the long way first.

And everyone of those cracks in the wall? Make it a loot cave. And invite the community to do map making for them. The theory being that one small cave map is a good/easy way to start out with Tiled.
ahh those time with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMKWJ5 ... ata_player

BTW +1 to bomb idea, i like to blow the mine of Prim and some other places too ;)

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

Bombs would make more dynamic exploration.

You would have to use bombs to explore some parts of caves or expose holes in the ground. Good idea.

What if you could use it on the thick thicket west of flagstone prison?
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Looks like a nice idea! But be careful! You don't wanna blow up the whole AT world :D

But the spots you can blow up should look somehow different as the area around it
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Perhaps you could write a quest for it. Just a thought. I mean, I'd always wanted to find a way to blow up the rubble blocking the main entrance to Prim.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

Such a good idea! I hate going through the dark passageway and it's the only way! Maybe the merchants in prim will get their supplies back and then you could buy GOOD things! I love it!
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Flaming wrote:Such a good idea! I hate going through the dark passageway and it's the only way! Maybe the merchants in prim will get their supplies back and then you could buy GOOD things! I love it!
Well I can assure you that this will be included in the next release! I'm really looking forward to go through the original mining tunnel without any trouble! :D
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

Really? I thought, the
shortcut available in the next release would be that at Lodar's?