v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Highwayman "leave"

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Highwayman "leave"

Post by Flaming »

One of the slight immersion breakers in the game is that you don't have to encounter Highwaymen. You don't have to give highwaymen gold. You don't have to be locked in conversation with some highwaymen. You can casually walk around highwaymen!

My point is that highwaymen don't snatch you if you attempt to walk around them.

If you do encounter them you can just select "leave".

It feels like a bad hide and seek game. OMG you found me! Gimmie 100 gold! "leave".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Highwayman "leave"

Post by Antison »

Nothing like identifying a "problem" without proposing a solution.
What would you like to do about it?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

Oh. I would think that the highwaymen should have special AI that makes the chase you in a certain radius.

I would also think that the highwaymen should also disable the leave option. You should have to select I'll pay you or let's fight. You could also chose fine I'll go back I don't want to get hurt. You would then move back a couple of spaces.
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Flaming wrote:Oh. I would think that the highwaymen should have special AI that makes the chase you in a certain radius.

I would also think that the highwaymen should also disable the leave option. You should have to select I'll pay you or let's fight. You could also chose fine I'll go back I don't want to get hurt. You would then move back a couple of spaces.
I agree with you that we should change the highwayman dialog and AI.
But I'm not so sure: I know that the monster's player tracking has been changed: Do the monsters still try to follow the player or do they just move around?
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

Only some monsters chase the player. Agressive dungflys are the only one with that ai. It only chases you when you attack another dungfly. A baddie that chases you without being provoked would be cool.
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

The bats under the green maze also hunt you down. Actually, there are three options for "AI":
- Do nothing (the usual case)
- Hunt player down (dungflies, bats...)
- Swarm player when there's a fight going on (some ghosts.... you know 'em).

I would agree with giving the highwayman the "hunt" policy.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Zukero wrote:The bats under the green maze also hunt you down. Actually, there are three options for "AI":
- Do nothing (the usual case)
- Hunt player down (dungflies, bats...)
- Swarm player when there's a fight going on (some ghosts.... you know 'em).

I would agree with giving the highwayman the "hunt" policy.
Yes! We should definitely do that! (Another nasty bat ;) )
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

Do you think that the leave option should be disabled for the Highwayman?

It would leave you to kill, get killed, or pay the money. Now this would be new to Andor's Trail because you can leave from everything, even the zortak leader.