Sassy hero comments

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Sassy hero comments

Post by Flaming »

If only when you made your hero consume an item he would make mean or sassy comments about the item. For variety there should be several randomized comments. (in preferences there should be an option to switch this on and off)

When you feed him raw meat he might say

"Gross! I thought that fire was discovered already!"

"Eww. I can taste the food poisoning already!"

When you feed him green apples he might say

"Why am I eating these apples? They are sour and un ripe!"

When you feed him mead he might say

Gross! Even milk tastes better than this! (a reference that milk restores double the hp for double the price)

Eww! What is this? Yeast poop?

Uhh guys I hope that this isn't an idea that is immediately dead and everyone hates it.
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Sassy hero comments

Post by sdevaney »

Maybe not have one for everything you do but this is a pretty interesting idea. It could add some more immersion and bonding with the hero.
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

It would make the game THAT much more charming and silly in my mind.
:mrgreen:
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

"Gross! How long has this milk been sitting in my bag???"

"I don't remember buying yogurt...."

*lol* Yeah, great idea! +1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Actually I love this idea. I think one major idea that is lost in the game quite quickly is the fact that our hero is still a kid :o . Adding in some of these comments would help players remember that even though our hero is running around with a huge Gutsplitter and can destroy monsters twice his size, he is still a child.

Mead - Why did I drink that? I am still underage.
Cooked Meat - Not as good as Mom's but better than raw
Bonemeal potion - Soylent Green is people :mrgreen:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

Fire7051 wrote:Actually I love this idea. I think one major idea that is lost in the game quite quickly is the fact that our hero is still a kid :o . Adding in some of these comments would help players remember that even though our hero is running around with a huge Gutsplitter and can destroy monsters twice his size, he is still a child.
Perfect explanation. It's just how I feel about the hero. The hero is just a kid even though he is a monstrous Small rabid dog and Iquan murdering machine.
sligo
android_version: 3.0

Post by sligo »

I can't say that I'm totally on board with this idea. Not saying it doesn't have merit. My concern would be how it would interfere with the gaming interface. If it's something that shows in a corner of the screen and can easily be ignored, sure, go for it. If it's something that forces me to click an "ok" button, no way. I know the OP suggests this can be an option that can be turned on or off, which I do agree.
------------------------------
I kow that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

Of course there will be a toggle in preferences! It would be super annoying half of the time! I hope that the team will add it WITH the toggle. Though Oskarwilkingstien likes really annoying permanent things... I hope he doesn't suggest no toggle! :mrgreen: