The beginning game is too hard, help ?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
skza
android_version: 4.2

The beginning game is too hard, help ?

Post by skza »

Hi Community!

I play this fabulous RPG since 2 weeks.
My level is 8.
I can't win against Thoromir or Irogotu or Thieves.
I just stay on Fallhaven or Crossglen.

What is the level minimum for Thoromir or Irogotu or Thieves ?
Which sword or others weapon is the best at this state, and which combo ?

I had : Wooden club, Rusty claymore, Iron axe, Reinforced wooden buckler and Broken wooden buckler.
And : Fine shirt, Fine green hat, Leather boots, Bar brawler's gloves, Polished ring, Mikhail's ring, Gloves of swift attack.

It's really too hard to have fun or i don't understand one thing ?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french :roll:
Thanks for this beautiful games!
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: The beginning game is too hard, help ?

Post by Zukero »

Hello skza, and welcome to the forums.

I am no expert in character building, but there are plenty of threads covering advices on how to evolve.
Try for example this one: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4583

I agree that there are some harder parts in the beginning of the game, and we are working on balancing this, especially for levels 6-10.
In the meantime, grinding monsters is the preferred way of obtaining more XP. Find the harder ones that you can kill without too much risk, and go on a killing spree !
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Levels 5 through 15 are a little difficult, in the sense that there's not much you are strong enough to do. As Zukero says, it's being addressed. Since the solution will be too late for you, here's a few tips:

Read the posts at the link Zukero suggested. In particular, note that if you get the Hardened Leather Shirt you have a damage resistance of 1. DR subtracts from the damage a monster can do to you. Some of the early monsters, including some in Irogotu's cave, can only do 1 damage, so you become immune to them. Many others do only 1-2 damage. If they hit you for 1 damage, you actually lose no HP at all. If they hit you for 2 damage you only lose half the HP you would have lost without the shirt!
If you can kill Irogotu you will get a necklace that gives you 1 more DR
DR is not so useful later in the game, but it can be very useful early on.

Get rid of that Rusty Claymore! It inflicts a Dazed effect on you as soon as you equip it, which subtracts 40% from your block chance! It is worse than nothing.

Just south of Crossglen is snake cave. The first chamber (and the first half of the second chamber) is a good place to get XP, because you also get a lot of meat which you can sell for gold, and it's close to home so you can rest in your bed to get your HP back.

If you head south east out of Fallhaven you can probably make it to another town, Vilegard. There are a number of quests you could get started on there, even if you can't finish them yet. If you do that the game will be more interesting, and you will gain some XP along the way.

Lastly, a question. Which quests have you completed in Crossglen and Fallhaven?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
skza
android_version: 4.2

Post by skza »

Thanks for your answer.
Now, i beat Thoromir, Irogotu and Thieves and more...
I doesn't understood the AP system. I doesn't understood i can flee the fight, use meat and return to fight.
I bought Hardened iron longsword (5 AP, so i can attack 2 times) and Bar brawler's gloves, and finally with use of "Flee", it's not as difficult i thought.
I'm now on level 13 and i have completed 20 quests ! :D
Thanks for all.
This game is fabulous.