v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by Zukero »

sdevaney wrote: I get the feeling you didn't even read this thread because the answer to your question is in here. You just need a hex editor and some time to figure out the correct edits to make. I will even give you a hint, it's on one of the first 7 pages.
I get the feeling this is one of the very rare forums where moderators and members repeat the same answers to the same questions over and over and over and over again without ever saying "It's been answered 10000 times ! Use the search button before posting !", yet, subtly implying that the visit count may not be that high triggers a fast answer from our beloved (and slightly angry) admin !
So I shall say, in a wording I do not use frequently, LOL !!
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Zukero wrote:
sdevaney wrote: I get the feeling you didn't even read this thread because the answer to your question is in here. You just need a hex editor and some time to figure out the correct edits to make. I will even give you a hint, it's on one of the first 7 pages.
I get the feeling this is one of the very rare forums where moderators and members repeat the same answers to the same questions over and over and over and over again without ever saying "It's been answered 10000 times ! Use the search button before posting !", yet, subtly implying that the visit count may not be that high triggers a fast answer from our beloved (and slightly angry) admin !
Ha, I think you may be partially correct but I was/am not angry just stating a simple fact, I took 5 minutes to look through the thread, only made it to page 6, and found the answer and even some helpful jumping off points as to where to edit the files. Honestly I have never tried and I feel like the saves have been changed since that post anyways but it is the best we have available at the moment.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Zukero wrote:
I can't say that i am not tempted to post that Zukero.

This community cannot be beat! LONG LIVE ANDOR!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

sdevaney wrote:
Antlan wrote:I get a feeling not too many people read this forum :-S
I get the feeling you didn't even read this thread because the answer to your question is in here. You just need a hex editor and some time to figure out the correct edits to make. I will even give you a hint, it's on one of the first 7 pages.
Touché :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
michi12
android_version: 4.2

Post by michi12 »

Hello! I am new here and have a little question.
I played Andors trail for a while, but I dont have the time to go out and kill thousends of dogs etc. just to get money. I like the game and the quests but I just dont have as much time to spend on the game. So thats my problem.
So I dare to ask someone with root and Gamecih (thats what seems to work but I cant root my mobile, it is from my company) if it is possible to post a savefile, which contains much money just at the beginning of andors trail.
I understand if you are against my way to play the game, but it is the only way I can "play". So dont give me a shitstorm ;-)
Thanks you
Michi
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You don't need root access or Gamecih. The savegame files are stored where you can easily find them, so all you need is a hex editor, and to figure out what to edit to change the amount of gold you have. I doubt you will find anyone that is willing and able to do this for you though.

How you choose to play the game is your affair. However, if you hack the file please don't post your stats in your signature on these forums. How you play the game may be entirely your affair, but how you get into the high score list isn't.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
michi12

Post by michi12 »

Thanks for your response. I thought someone would have the savegame already on his phone because he changed it for his own purposes.
The problem is, that a hexeditor does not work. I tried also an android virtual machine on pc and tried with memhack. Doesnt work either.
Or are you able to tell me where to change the amount of gold. The amount written quite at the beginning of the savegame belongs only to the name of the savegame and does not change anything in game.
Thanks

By the way: I know there are some "funny" people, who cheat to get a higher rank or something else. I think these people are in the age of 8 (or her mind is). I play for my own just to have fun.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It is true that the number at the beginning is just part of the name of the savegame. That's why it is the ASCII representation of the number, not the actual number.

Convert the number to hex (for example 1197 decimal = 4ad hex). There are many online converters than can do this for you. Search for that hex number in the file. If there is only one occurrence of that number in the file, it's the amount of gold. If there is more than one occurrence you will have to experiment to figure out which one is the correct one (the smaller the current amount of gold, the more likely it is that by chance there will be more than one occurrence, so you should at least do a little gold collecting to begin with ;) ). It is more work than just editing that number to increase the number of digits available, so it might be a good idea to get at least 256 gold to start (Hex 100), and then edit the number to Hex FFF (4095 gold). Then you can collect more gold, and save the file, and it will have 4 digits in hex. Then you can edit the file again and make it Hex FFFF (65535 gold).

Bear in mind that once you have edited that number it will not show in the name of the savegame. However, if you load the game and have edited it correctly then it will show the increased amount of gold on your items page. If you then save the game the name will be changed to show the increased amount.

Now I am going to feel guilty for the rest of the day for posting how to do this :( . I hope nobody abuses it and cheats their way up the high score list.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
michi12

Post by michi12 »

Hi rijackson. Thanks for explaining. This leeds me to the question if you ever done that editing on a andorstrail-savegame. I tried severel methods, but the gold etc. is not written in the savegame like you explained and I trried before. There must be some encryption in the savegame. So hex-editing will not work. I also tried to compare two savegames, but it also does not work. Thanks anyway!
Michi
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

There is no encryption in the savegame, and yes I tried it. I would not post something like that without first checking that it works.

When you say it is not written in the savegame what do you mean? It does not show on your items page, or that it does not show when loading the file?

How much gold do you have (exactly)?