v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by Zukero »

@Creeper0629
Considering your posts:
- Complaining about waste of space and off-topicness while doing it yourself: check
- Reviving a months old thread to insult valued contributors about what they said in years old posts: check
- Violating several rules of the board in a single thread: check
- Blowing our minds away with ideas that have been submitted and discussed right here countless times: check
- Acting all expert (hacking a VM's memory and all) then failing to pull off the easiest (and well documented) one: check
- Insulting our eyes with syntax, grammar and spelling issues: check
- Giving an estimate of development time required for X feature while not being a software engineer: check

Warning, troll suspection rate: 87%

I've taken the moderate approach so far, but if you keep going on like this, I'll have to use moderator tools I never touched in the almost two years I've been able to.

We are lucky to have a very nice community here, always helping out newbies, answering countless times the same questions with appropriate answers instead of "use search !". We welcome every idea and discussions, and I try to always give a detailed reasoning when refusing an idea, or explein what makes it hard to code.

I'll make sure it stays that way.

For the record, even experienced developers have a hard time predicting the time it will take to implement feature X or Y. Content for AT is equally hard to create.
FYI, I recently debugged a future quest with 7 maps (so, no huge deal). It took me over 8 hours of work to get it all right, even though the base material was provided by our most experienced map and content maker. I first thought it would all be sorted out in under an hour.

Making a video game is not easy, especially when it's not a day-job. It takes skill, time and patience. It requires using tools, sometimes complex and/or complicated ones. It's not something that can be achieved by throwing ideas on a table corner.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Creeper0629
android_version: 2.2

Post by Creeper0629 »

Zukero wrote:@Creeper0629
Considering your posts:
- Complaining about waste of space and off-topicness while doing it yourself: check
- Reviving a months old thread to insult valued contributors about what they said in years old posts: check
- Violating several rules of the board in a single thread: check
- Blowing our minds away with ideas that have been submitted and discussed right here countless times: check
- Acting all expert (hacking a VM's memory and all) then failing to pull off the easiest (and well documented) one: check
- Insulting our eyes with syntax, grammar and spelling issues: check
- Giving an estimate of development time required for X feature while not being a software engineer: check

Warning, troll suspection rate: 87%

I've taken the moderate approach so far, but if you keep going on like this, I'll have to use moderator tools I never touched in the almost two years I've been able to.

We are lucky to have a very nice community here, always helping out newbies, answering countless times the same questions with appropriate answers instead of "use search !". We welcome every idea and discussions, and I try to always give a detailed reasoning when refusing an idea, or explein what makes it hard to code.

I'll make sure it stays that way.

For the record, even experienced developers have a hard time predicting the time it will take to implement feature X or Y. Content for AT is equally hard to create.
FYI, I recently debugged a future quest with 7 maps (so, no huge deal). It took me over 8 hours of work to get it all right, even though the base material was provided by our most experienced map and content maker. I first thought it would all be sorted out in under an hour.

Making a video game is not easy, especially when it's not a day-job. It takes skill, time and patience. It requires using tools, sometimes complex and/or complicated ones. It's not something that can be achieved by throwing ideas on a table corner.
Save your idel mod threats boy,you can ban THIS account.but I have around 30 emails,user names,and passwords.so good luck with that power trip bud.all im hearing is excuses from you.if its been talked about so much then why is nothing done?lazy is all it is.game writeing is not that hard that it takes 5 years to get a simple low tech game half way finished.so what ever.i realy dont give a damn at this point. ban me if you think you can short I'll be back just to prove that you can't.at this point business just picked up and more people are buying my bows and crossbows.so whatever dude.you realy hurt my feelers on that one,lol.when you grow up kid and become a man then talk to me
Last edited by Zukero on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed swears. Too lazy to edit properly. Troll feeding over.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Creeper0629 wrote:game writeing is not that hard
OK. I'm calling you out. Since it's not that hard to write an entire RPG it must obviously be trivial to write one small part of it. So please produce some new content. A small piece would be enough for you to back up your claims with real evidence. Add a few map tiles, with some new characters and a small quest. All the information you need is here: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560.

Of course, you won't do it. I personally don't believe you are even capable of producing some worthwhile content, no matter how small a piece of content, and no matter how long you have to do it. Prove me wrong.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

creeper0629
hey if you are so eager to finish ANDOR'S TRAIL and since you are so experienced in tech so why don't you make your own content and make the game complete, like a russian guy that is actively developing the AT and currently working on 0.7.3rd version.

and a thing more to update you on, may you have infinte numbers of email addresses, the admin and moderators owns the right to block the IP address of your machine and not one but entire ranges of IP addresses so be careful for next time.

and its not that only you are pissed eith game development but most of the players are and Zukero is helping keeping this game alive for the years you even didn't know about AT. and if you don't got any patience then go and find Oskar in Stolkholm, good luck buddy.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

rijackson741 wrote:
Creeper0629 wrote:game writeing is not that hard
OK. I'm calling you out. Since it's not that hard to write an entire RPG it must obviously be trivial to write one small part of it. So please produce some new content. A small piece would be enough for you to back up your claims with real evidence. Add a few map tiles, with some new characters and a small quest. All the information you need is here: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560.

Of course, you won't do it. I personally don't believe you are even capable of producing some worthwhile content, no matter how small a piece of content, and no matter how long you have to do it. Prove me wrong.
I'm with you on this one. I don 't know where that person comes from or what they were so crazy going on about, but get real. We don't need that trash on here. And, yes, a very heartfelt thank you to Zukero and others for keeping this wonderful game going.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
berrybush
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by berrybush »

I want to ediit my save file to respend skill points. Ive wasted 4 on them on skills that do very little. I think its very punishing of the game devs to not put skill reset option in the game for gold, since you get nearly infinite and nothing good to spend it on.

So how can i edit my save file? Anyone who knows please PM me.
:ugeek: May the Shadow be with you
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

berrybush wrote:I want to ediit my save file to respend skill points. Ive wasted 4 on them on skills that do very little. I think its very punishing of the game devs to not put skill reset option in the game for gold, since you get nearly infinite and nothing good to spend it on.

So how can i edit my save file? Anyone who knows please PM me.
Don't think so. As for spending gold, sure, sounds good but has to be really expensive. One problem with this is that AT is a storyline filled with quests, not a bunch of quests and ~some~ sort of storyline attached for the sake of calling the game an RPG. With that said, how realistic is it to have the main character of a story erase all that he has learned with a 10k gold MIB mind eraser? If AT's primary focus was character development, then an unrealistic "redo" would be more justified, I feel. Tough luck? :roll: ;) Maybe there is a better way...
Voom
Usirim

Post by Usirim »

@berrybush:
Maybe you noticed that a lot of users here have more than one Char developed (look at the signature) . This is ATs way to learn your favourite way you want to play.
Good hunting :)
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Skill reset will never be part of the game. It goes against the very principle of AT's game design.
Editing saves is the grey area of the forums: it's possible, there are some clues, but no step by step guide (I would censor these), it's not trivial and requires some skill, and you should not brag about what you achieved with an edited char (but you could brag about managing to edit one).
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
nyxkitty
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by nyxkitty »

Why don't you just edit your exp, level up 16 times and bam, four new skill points.

I wouldn't say it takes skill, but it does take patience. I spent a whole day with a notebook and pen, plus AT, just to figure out how to change a name, add a RoLS & exp.

Regarding the exp, it isn't as easy as it may seem. One wrong digit had me go from positive to negative when I was mucking around with exp. Hex is far from simple, even if you're looking at the basic save file prior to talking to Mikhail.

(Personally I don't consider it cheating, but I'm not abusing what I learnt as a way of getting ahead. I'm just trying to see what effects certain skills/high stats have. Plus it takes the fun out of the game if you're running around with a modified tank.)
Sithkitty | Lvl 13 | HP 39 | AC 150% | AD 14 - 20 | ECC 0% | CM 0 | BC 16% | DR 2 | 1891G | Item Stockpiler.