v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I'm just a gamer c:

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Grim
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

I'm just a gamer c:

Post by Grim »

I can't help but think this game has reached it's plateau. Is there no legitimate way you talented devs can make some money with this? It seems like the only way this game can move forward in any meaningful way from this point... but what do I know, I'm just a gamer. I do know one thing, I'd buy an update if the price was reasonable. Bet I'm not the only one. ;)
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: I'm just a gamer c:

Post by Voom »

I would too, but I don't think that's gonna happen. In regards to a plateau, well, the possibilities are actually endless. If you mean a plateau in terms of production/development, then ... maybe. The devs surely have busy lives themselves and compensation would jolt morale.
Voom
Marth
android_version: 3.0

Post by Marth »

I sure hope there is more development put into this game, it's quite addicting but I don't think money should be involved, after all this game kind of has a reputation for being a free open-source game.
Character Name: Marth Level: 29 AC: 185% BC: 45% HP: 59 AD: 17-20 Gold: 70,455
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Marth wrote:I sure hope there is more development put into this game, it's quite addicting but I don't think money should be involved, after all this game kind of has a reputation for being a free open-source game.
Agreed, and there is a good amount of development. Since last AT update, there has been quite a lot of development. I don't think AT devs will release next update until more content has been created in terms of quests and maps, though. If you would like to contribute and become a developer yourself then you should visit this page --> http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560
Voom
Marth
android_version: 3.0

Post by Marth »

Voom wrote:
Marth wrote:I sure hope there is more development put into this game, it's quite addicting but I don't think money should be involved, after all this game kind of has a reputation for being a free open-source game.
Agreed, and there is a good amount of development. Since last AT update, there has been quite a lot of development. I don't think AT devs will release next update until more content has been created in terms of quests and maps, though. If you would like to contribute and become a developer yourself then you should visit this page --> http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560
Thanks for the info, I would love to help with the development of this game when I have more time on my hands. :)
Character Name: Marth Level: 29 AC: 185% BC: 45% HP: 59 AD: 17-20 Gold: 70,455
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

@Voom : that's exactly the matter. IMHO, money has nothing to do with AT. Not the point. What I really lack though, are quests and dialogues.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Zukero wrote:@Voom : that's exactly the matter. IMHO, money has nothing to do with AT. Not the point. What I really lack though, are quests and dialogues.
I see. Money might even ruin the ride. I would love to help with quests and dialogues, but I don't know if I would do very well. I like artistic writing, not so much prose. Don't like confinement, that's just me. I could try though, as soon as summer settles in and I have more time.
Voom