Ideas

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Ideas

Post by nezkeys79 »

1) Music. Silence is boring

2) When shopping and you click on info it should show the change on your current equipment. For example +5% attack chance in green, or -5% attack chance in red

3) Once you have bought some equipment ask to equip

4) Compendium. Numerates all monsters and gives locations, item drop info, exp drop info

5) World Map...touching a town zooms in for a detailed map of town. Also lists what each vendor sells

6) exp drop upon faint...far too high. Either reduce or just get rid.

7) make combat more interesting than just simple melee attacks.

8) have rivers and seas, and use canoe and ship to cross. Maybe have a flying mount too like Handglider or hot air balloon. Horse and cart for land

9) voice acting
nezkeys79

Re: Ideas

Post by nezkeys79 »

10) have a fighters guild and mages guild. Have loads of quests for each. As well as gaining exp or gold you get a bonus for a certain skill. So say you beat a fighters guild quest you could receive bonus points into attack damage. Or if you complete a thieves guild quest you get more points into fleeing chance etc. I guess I want you to make the game as close to elder scrolls 3: morrowind as you can

11) Bartering. To reduce costs and sell higher etc

12) Something that can warp you to previously visited towns. Or include something like a mount which when your on you don't encounter enemies. I already mentioned mounts in my previous post
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Some of your ideas are fine by themselves, most of which have already (or are currently) discussed.
The rest are either :
- bloating the game (sound files are HUGE compared to the app size).
- expanding the required Android authorization (all the multiplayer junk. I'm very happy that I am sure this game will never EVER try to call home, or give some personal data away, like many "free" android apps does).
- changing a very fine game in YOUR dream game (not everyone loved morrowind).

Moreover, calling Oskar and his team "lazy" is not respectful nor helping your point. Posting 20+ messages on the day you join asking the developers to follow your wills is not gonna help either. They deserve LOADS of kudos for that game. Plus they do it on their free time.
If it's that easy to create an Android RPG with voice acting, quests, multiplayer and whatnot.. do one yourself ! I'll be glad to play it. Andor's trail is open source : you can even use what exists and change it to your likings !
I've read many of your posts, and it's always full of bragging... please change that attitude.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

Bragging? I haven't bragged about anything. The only thing I can think you are referring to is me offering to submit some music tracks for the game. I was merely offering to help that's all. I've even offered to help in other ways if I can like map making etc. People saying how many small rocks they have in their sig is bragging in my opinion. You are not the only one to do this though

Also re read my posts please because I was merely talking about rpgs in general. I've left good feedback on the market and said many times how much I like this game. They said it was open source so I figured I would post some development ideas and maybe some constructive criticism. Not once have I been nasty about the developers or this game. I don't expect any of my ideas to be implemented either. It would be nice however to get a reply from Oskar about my points individually to see whether he feels they could enhance the game or not necessary. If he says he doesn't like a certain idea I'm not going to bash him for it.
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Nez, take it easy. After all, it is just a game. And this is a kid friendly forum.
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
dirtydingo
android_version: 3.0

Post by dirtydingo »

This is for Nez,

I'm not bashing, so don't go all defensive on me. But an idea forum, is just that. You put your ideas out there, and that should be it. I too think your ideas take the game off of its desired path. The simplness of it is what makes it so great. It's totaly old school, n that makes it so Cool. When u implement changes to make it mirror other games, your just asking for remakes of other games. But none the less this forum gives you the chance to voice your ideas, but to want Oscar to get on here and pat u on the back or give u feedback, etc., cmon, I think that Oskar prob has a few more things goin on than having to pet ppls egos. And that's basically what ur saying, you want him to say "well Nez that is a great idea, but unfortunately it doesn't fit my vision for the game." Well if u need to hear that, there you go, and just pretend it was Oskar saying it. Okay, i said i wasn't gonna bash, I guess that was outaline but it needed to be said. Just play the game for what it is, enjoy it, if its not like some other game, go play the other game.

Just my thoughts, these do not reflect the opinions of anyone but me, someone who love Andor's for what it is, a simple , free, work in progress, RPG style game.

Long live king Oskar and Andor's Trail.
DirtyDingo
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

Not at all. The point of a forum is to to create topics and debate them with other people. Not enough people have debated it yet anyway. In your world you just think because you give your opinion that should be the end of it. For example if someone posts on the map making board and says check out my maps, that would better descibe someone who wants their ego petting
dirtydingo
android_version: 3.0

Post by dirtydingo »

Your absolutely right, in my world......and in the world of every other normal person out there that just likes to play the game and have a place to visit or share their ideas, this is how it works......apparently in your world you want to play someone else's game, then offer your ideas up for said game, and get offended when no one praises you for "your" ideas. Look play the game and be happy, offer your suggestions, and again be happy. I think because the game is not what you want, or not like every other game you've played, your getting offended because none wants your carbon copy of every other RPG out there. That's what makes this game great, that its old school, its not neon, its just simple fun. Enjoy it for what it is. And with this, my two cents have been added and I won't indulge in this silliness anymore. Good day to you sir Nez, and I wish you all the best.
LVL: 39, XP: 1,117,930, GOLD: 86,383,
Rols: 0, Elyr: 0, Rol: 0, Char: 0, Golf: 0, Shaf: 1,
HP: 93, AC: 168%, AD: 32-39, AP: 3,
CC: 11%, CM: -, BC: 55%, DR: