Seeing how we aren't having regular meetings anymore, and how the last meeting's post got flooded, and how some of you asked for it, here's the new topic to subscribe to to get notified of news in the project development.
This opening post is dedicated to storing the current status since last version and the roadmap to the next version. As things move up from "roadmap" to "current status" we get closer to the release.
Beware though, as it contains spoilers.
Latest edits in bold.
- New maps for BWM, consistent alignment on the world map, and consistent placement between overground and underground maps.
- A simple quest allowing to open a shortcut between east Fallhaven and the Duleian road.
- New maps and associated quest to open a shortcut to Lodar's house, for those of you still getting lost in the green maze.
- A rework of the area surrounding Tozylae, so that it's harder to miss the helmet. Thanks rijackson741!
- A new quest that will take you to different places of the world, that starts in Crossglen.
- The city of Stoutford. Maps 100% done, NPCs 50% done. Quests/dialogues 65% done. Items 75% done.
- A new cave near Remgard associated with a quest that is itself associated with a quest starting in Stouford. Maps 100% done, NPCs 100% done, Quest/Dialogues 15% done.
- A new area and associated quest contributed by user salzano. Overall 90% done. Should prove challenging even for high-level characters.
- A rather large new area, tied with some pretty innovative quests contributed by new team member Nut. I'd say it's 90% done, but he keeps on expanding the scope, so it's hard to set a fixed progress level. Be ready to re-learn what you think you knew about how to play AT in there.
- World map can now be zoomed out a lot more.
- Smooth movement and scrolling.
- Map-level color filter. Black and white, invert, dim 20%, 40%, 60%, and 80% and red, green or blue tint.
- Map filter can be changed as a dialogue/script reward.
- Ability to (de)activate spawn areas (individually) and map objects (rest areas, signposts, mapchanges... by group) from dialogue/script system.
- Ability to remove quest progres as a dialogue/script reward. Useful for repeatable quests and/or events.
- Deletion of the "%" symbol in the UI (Attack Chance, and Block Chance for example, aren't percentages and shouldn't be shown as such).
- Fixed Health and XP bars bug on Marshmallow
- "MISS" animation when an attack misses. Artwork could be improved, but I can't do it (or I can, but only for the worse).
- Previous parts of a conversation are now slightly greyed out.
- Dual wielding bug fix, where some stats were not applied.
- Skills list and inventory can be filtered (by category) and sorted. Thanks twirlimp!
- Shop lists can be sorted (both Buy and Sell lists). Thanks twirlimp!
- Level limit raised from 400 to 489. No change until level 400. We now reach integer overflow on level 489. Formula changed by rijackson741. Thanks!
- A round ends at the end of combat. Thanks Duvalon!
- Replace areas can now be activated using any kind of requirement, like for Key areas or dialogue's replies. They were previously limited to the "questProgress" type.
- New requirement type "factionScore" allows to test alignment with an arbitrary faction. No content gives faction score rewards so far, but new content can use these reward/requirement combo to do fun stuff.
- Enhanced combat log. Anything related to actor conditions (during combat) or taunting now gets an entry in the combat log.
- Actor condition immunity. An item or a dialogue can now grant the player an immunity, temporary or not, to a given actor condition.
- The revenge strike. The actor on the receiving end of a successful hit can grant AP, HP and actor conditions effects on both himself and his attacker. NPCs can also inflict such effects on the player once upon their death. Examples include the player loosing AP after hitting a sticky enemy, or the player having a 20% chance of going berserk when hit, or even an enemy releasing a poisonous gas when dying.
- There's now a readme file, and detailed credits for contributors and graphics artists, on github. Thanks sdevaney!
- You can now see quickly what actor conditions are applied to the targeted NPC during battle.
- A whole new UI, with three (so far) different themes to choose from. 95% done, as the title screen needs some more love before making it into the main dev branch. Test this feature for yourself with the alpha build!
- Translations done using Weblate instead of launchpad, to which we don't have the necessary access. Anyway, Weblate is waaaaay better.
- andorstrail.com now uses https (again), and is running phpBB3.1 with responsive design.
- Comprehensive contribution guide (go to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560). Slightly outdated for content.
- Content Format reference documentation can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5825. Must be kept up-to-date from now on...
- Finish content for the city of Stoutford.
- Create dialogues for commoners & merchants.
- Add a bunch (3 or more) of small quests.
- Tune (balance) monsters and items stats.
- Arulir Mountain. Mostly done, but some bug fixes and rework on traps needed. Not integrated in master branch yet.
- Fix bugs ?
- Write ATCS user manual / documentation (and keep it up to date).
- Update contribution guide to remove references to the old content editor, and give help and links to use ATCS.
I'll post news below, like in a developer log, but don't hesitate to comment !