v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

You Cannot Escape!

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: You Cannot Escape!

Post by Capeditiea »

rijackson741 wrote:You made it to Lodar at level 33? That's pretty good going :)
:O i just figured it was time to take a break from trying for RoLS... took a few breaks, via five level intervals... i am at 38 quests completed... i also figured since i was able to get through the dark protecter quest... after three days of trying and dying a lot. i could shoot for the green maze.

sadly, i found out about the armor so i died after a long time of fighting the beetles by lodor's then heading into the cave for the specific purpose of suicide. now with the armor, i am back at the first screen of the blue ghosts and waiting to heal to full health.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Have you done Charwood Mines yet?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

i have gotten as far as the fire part. then kept getting burned. so i ragequited eventhough i lost 12k. it reminded me a lot of the near ending of dark souls. :O reloaded nearly a hundred times, before deciding the plan of evasion would not work at that on point where there are two spaces inbetween these two. which once one of those respawned i was screwed. T.T i was only 13 away from leveling to 26 too.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

So sad. But dark souls is really tough game,more than Skyrim or Witcher.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

Skyrim is horrid. esp. after the update... i am not gonna get into it. -_- LOL

i haven't played Witcher yet. due to my lack of enjoyment in Rogue-like games... So me liking AT says something. ;)

but i liked dark souls even though there was not much of a story line. :O

but back to OP.

:3 the ironic value of the no escape during boss battles, would bring a new challenge. because they should have authority. i successfully and easily beat a few bosses with the evasion technique. especially the dude in Prim. i have yet to learn how to do the hide thing...
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Capeditiea wrote:i have gotten as far as the fire part. then kept getting burned. so i ragequited eventhough i lost 12k. it reminded me a lot of the near ending of dark souls. :O reloaded nearly a hundred times, before deciding the plan of evasion would not work at that on point where there are two spaces inbetween these two. which once one of those respawned i was screwed. T.T i was only 13 away from leveling to 26 too.
I find the ghost cave tougher than the Charwood fire pit. In fact, I don't even bother starting the Green Maze until I can finish Charwood all the way through. Also, there's a nice reward after Charwood that can optionally be used to really boost that BC.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

i may try Charwood again, once i get to Level 35. i am pretty sure i can make it through.
Balapaan
android_version: 4.0

Post by Balapaan »

Dear contributors of code, content, and ideas:

It is OKAY if you keep the no-flee-death-trap mechanism restricted to special bosses or areas!
(One could even say that this would add some additional challenge/depth to the game.)

But PLEASE REFRAIN from generally using a no-flee-logic!
The core of such an idea comes from a mindset where *each* step of the hero is viewed as thoughtful and mindful. But this mindset is not joined by reality:
1) The "steering" of movement of our hero is sort of horrible ...or at least *vague*. (And even if it was way better: read on.)
2) One has to keep running into monsters, because one needs to kill 100s and 1000s of them to level up.
3) We're not playing nethack here. AT really has depth *and* the qualities to be played as a casual game. A core-quality for a casual game is that it can be played with a certain speed but without steadily needing 100% of ones maximum attention/brain-power. Changing the game-mechanics to generally using a no-flee-logic would take away a core-quality from AT for being playable as a casual game. (Even if you do not see AT as a casual game: read on.)
4) The game is for being played on mobile devices. a) There are many devices with a weak accuracy of touch-point-recognition. b) There are not-so-few people with a thick-fingers-for-the-device-size situation.
Therefore "Cancel" is one good option to accomodate (a) and/or (b); generally being able to "Flee" is another one. If you take both options away then AT would become really harder to play for all people facing (a)/(b) ...and IMHO needlessly.

All previous taken into account i think the favorable way is to generally remove "Cancel" but then having the normal chance to "Flee", and use a No-Flee-variant only in special cases.

Thanks for reading and considering this. :-D
level 110+
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

We could always relabel the cancel button to, "Sorry, my bad. Didn't mean to bump into you" LOL!!! JK.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD