v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Food poisoning!

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Food poisoning!

Post by Tomcat »

Your stock isn't tainted or untainted until you try to eat it. Every serving rolls the dice at dinner time, not hunting time
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Tomcat wrote:Your stock isn't tainted or untainted until you try to eat it. Every serving rolls the dice at dinner time, not hunting time
OK: I have now started to build up a stock of cooked meat - which is certified to have no Campylobacter, Salmonella , Lysteria, Botulism or any other nasty bacteria. :P
See the puppies scatter.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Ahhhh in that case, you're right!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Duvalon »

If you're *really* cheap, heal with bread. If you're cheap and value your time, heal with bonemeal and sell all other healing items. If you don't want to use bonemeal because you might overdose and your fingers might fall off, heal with raw meat but don't use antidotes. The cost of making antidotes (and the ingredients) isn't worth the money in HP it saves you from loosing. Just make sure it's in your quick slot so you always have one going to keep your HP high enough.
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Duvalon wrote:If you're *really* cheap, heal with bread. If you're cheap and value your time, heal with bonemeal and sell all other healing items. If you don't want to use bonemeal because you might overdose and your fingers might fall off, heal with raw meat but don't use antidotes. The cost of making antidotes (and the ingredients) isn't worth the money in HP it saves you from loosing. Just make sure it's in your quick slot so you always have one going to keep your HP high enough.
For me, meat is almost essential for a novice, I guess it just becomes a habit.

At the time of starting this topic, my main character had something like 55HP, Bonemeal would be overkill at that stage as I don't like to get down to where I'd need to restore 40 HP,(and I hate waste) but I do always carry some. Bread is too slow at 1HP per round compared to meat.

I've moved on a little from then, money is no longer a problem, Potions of Health now come thick and fast from both Flagstone and the Gargoyle cave. A bit more effort for one more skill point (I need lvl2 Combat Speed) will then see me back to that rather boring tramp up and down Blackwater Mountain. :shock:
See the puppies scatter.