v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New maps

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

New maps

Post by ace »

just trying out tiled. :D

is it a good map?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: New maps

Post by rijackson741 »

Overall, it looks good, although with the grid turned on it's a little hard to judge the tile boundaries. Some notes:

You need to fill the corners in. Use the wall top tile to fill in everything to the edges of the map.

The hanging green plants don't work well on curved wall pieces, because of the straight edge at the top. Top right are three examples. The same is true for some of the vines, where they come up off the floor. There's also an example top right.

Some of your corners are not correct. Just to the right of the three tables you have a wall that's only one high, but it should be two high. To the right of the big chair you have one that appears to be three high.

Your monsters1 spawn area is not an exact number of tiles high or wide. Either turn on snap to grid in Tiled, or, much better, add spawn areas and other map events in ATCS. Any existing spawn areas will have to be sized correctly or deleted, otherwise ATCS will not be able to load the map.

It's a nice looking map, it just needs a little work :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 am Overall, it looks good, although with the grid turned on it's a little hard to judge the tile boundaries. Some notes:

You need to fill the corners in. Use the wall top tile to fill in everything to the edges of the map.

The hanging green plants don't work well on curved wall pieces, because of the straight edge at the top. Top right are three examples. The same is true for some of the vines, where they come up off the floor. There's also an example top right.

Some of your corners are not correct. Just to the right of the three tables you have a wall that's only one high, but it should be two high. To the right of the big chair you have one that appears to be three high.

Your monsters1 spawn area is not an exact number of tiles high or wide. Either turn on snap to grid in Tiled, or, much better, add spawn areas and other map events in ATCS. Any existing spawn areas will have to be sized correctly or deleted, otherwise ATCS will not be able to load the map.

It's a nice looking map, it just needs a little work :D
Thanks for the feedback, it will help me to make a better looking map :D
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

is there any city or village map requirement? I want to help :D
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

LOL. I would say that about 20-25% of the planned world has maps (including quite a few maps that have not been released). Feel free to help fill in the other 75-80% :lol:

The most important things are:
Ask before you place any maps adjacent to released maps. Many places are already taken.
Make sure to update us regularly on your work. That is especially important when you start out, because it avoids you doing a lot of work that has to be redone because it's wrong in some way.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

May I add that what we need most is content that is whole.
A good map is good.
A good map with a good story is great.
A good map with good content that tells a good story is best.
I KNOW you have ATCS installed :wink:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Zukero wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:52 pm May I add that what we need most is content that is whole.
A good map is good.
This, right here...

The content itself doesn't even have to tie directly into the main storyline. We are trying to build a whole world so there are plenty of opportunities for new and odd characters.
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

Zukero wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:52 pm May I add that what we need most is content that is whole.
A good map is good.
Well said, I will help as much as possible :D.
Odin
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Odin »

I've been working in Tiled. Made a map (needs more detailed work). Butt I wanted to add a mapchange area (as instructed in the guide). Strangely and can't seem to find /open the object "properties menu" that looks like the one in the guide?

When I right click on it and choose properties ... Nothing like in the guide opens.
Last edited by Odin on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odin
Lvl:63
RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 GoLF: 1

Ivar
Lvl:26
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

It moved around in different versions of tiled. Try to right-click on the area in different parts of the UI, like on the map itself or in the layers tree to the right.
The best way to create and modify mapchange areas and all other map objects is with ATCS now anyway.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2