v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Guide to Dual Tickling Kid

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
lakra
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Guide to Dual Tickling Kid

Post by lakra »

In preparation of the next update and the fact, that I had to create a new character, because my kids were able to break my old phone -not just break it, it was more with the intention of throwing the ring into the fire to destroy the magical smart phone power AND my save games- I felt the need to write this guide. And yes, I saw, that there already is a guide to dual wield.

And because it is a guide, it will be full of spoilers. Which means, you shouldn't read it, if you don't want to get spoilerd.

So why would you want to swing two daggers?

First of all, besides the One-Handed & Shield build with Quick Strike Dagger you will be able to deal the highest amount of damage per round. Which is good. Because it makes you kill faster. Which makes you level faster.

You don't want to run around with the Quick Strike Dagger, because it makes you look an idiot, when you swing your little needle through the air while hiding behind an oversized towershield.

And you don't want to run around with a two-handed sword, because you are kid. Honestly, you will stay a kid for the whole game. And because your litte childish arms can't swing those big swords, axes or whatelse fast enough and the damage provided by your weapons will lose its importance, the higher levels you reach, the only option which is left is... swinging two little needles with your childish little arms and do insane critical hits to everything, that is not immune to criticals.

So what mindset do you need, do become the nasty little boy, who critically tickles everything to death around you?

First of all, because you are a little child, which is sent out by your incredibly caring father to search your disappeared brother (who does seemingly disgusting things, like poisening villages) you have absolutly no moral code.

The only thing that matters in the first place is to get rich. Because rich kids can buy shiny things. And there are lots of shiny things.

The second thing that matters, is make people sell you those shiny things. Or give you shiny things. Or be able to take shiny things away from people.

How do you get stronger? Right, first of all by a thing called grinding, which literally means you kill everything that moves in the wilderness. Second option is two complete quests, which often means to do option number one, but get additional rewards.

And where do you invest skill points and stats, as soon as you get your level up?

Here is where your stats go into:

Accuracy: 3 out of 5 (until you hit around 320% hit chance with your critical equipment -which makes you hit most of the things constantly, even if constantly seems to be the wrong word, because most things die by the first attempt)
Damage: 2 out of 5 (all points, after you hit around 320% hit chance with your critical equipment)
Live: nothing
Block chance: nothing

And here are the skills you chose:

Level 4: Nothing
Level 5: Increased Fortitude (you will always increase this skill, if possible -read the description!! and keep skill points do it every time possible)
Level 8: Keep it -no, we don't use regeneration, which only works, when there is no enemy around you

Level 12: Keep it

Level 15: Yes, there is no skill point, but now two skills are availabe: Fighting Style Dual Wield and Combat Speed. You want those for oblivious reasons.

Level 16: Keep it until you reached 40 Hitpoints, to skill corpse eater. Because eating corpses heals you. And it doesn't matter, which thing you killed. Even those slimy blurps will heal you. And poisonous things will heal you as well. Which is absolutly logical and will not be questioned by us.

Level 20: Increased Foritude Level 2 and Corpse Eater

Level 24: Keep it

Level 28: Keep it

Level 30: Take Dual Wield Level 2 (now you can really use two weapons) and Combat Speed Level 2

After those Steps, you max. Out Dagger Prof, Dual Wield Specialization (on lvl 45), again increased fortidude (everytime you can -and you always look, when you can so you save a skill point for this and don't waste hitpoints, because you invest you skillpoint to late).

Then you max out Light armor spec -because kids shouldn't wear heavy armor for the very same reason, they don't use two handed swords.

For the equipment you use:

In the wilderness and all regions, where you can deal critical damage:

Dagger of Shadow Priests AC=20% DMG=1-2 Critical Skill=20 Critical Multiplier = 3.0 AP= 4
Barbed Dagger AC=15% DMG=0 Critical Skill=0 Critical Multiplier=0 AP=4 and 50% Chance of Bleeding Wounds (drains 1 HP per Round)
later you use Blade ot the Defiler AC=5% DMG=2-4 Critical Skill=9 Critical Multiplier=2 AP=4 BC=-8% and 0-2 HP heal after killing an enemy
Enhanced Combat Helmet BC=6% AC=7%
Lightweight Splint Mail BC=17% DMG Reduce=0 AC=11% DMG=1 HP=7 Critical Skill=8
later you use Serpents Hauberk BC=14% DMG Reduce=2 AC=12% DMG=0 HP=8 Critical Skill=8
Trouble Makers Gloves BC=4% DMG Reduce=0 AC=7% DMG=0 HP=1 Critical Chance=4
Bar Brawlers Boots BC=7% DMG Reduce=0 AC=0 DMG=0 HP=2 Critical Chance=4
Polished Ring of Backstabbing BC=0 DMG Reduce=0 AC=21% DMG=4 HP=0 Critical Chance=7
Ring of the Protector BC=14% DMG Reduce=0 AC=20% DMG=0-3 HP=3 Critical Chance=0
Marrowtaint BC=9% DMG Reduce=0 AC=9% DMG=0 HP=5 Critical Chance=0 Attack Cost= -1

Your equipment provides you in total:
AC: 115%
BC: 54%
DMG: 7-15
DMG Reduce: 2
HP: 14
Critical Skill: 52 (around 28% effective chance)
Critical Multiplier: 3.0
0-2 HP Heal after each kill

In the regions, where you don't deal critical damage:

2x Blackwater Dagger AC=40% DMG=1 Critical Skill=0 Critical Multiplier=0 AP=3 BC=5%
Black Water Leather Cap BC=21% DMG Reduce=0 AC=0 DMG=0 HP=5 Critical Chance=0
Black Water Leather Armor BC=25% DMG Reduce=1 AC=0 DMG=0 HP=0 Critical Chance=0
Trouble Makers Gloves BC=4% DMG Reduce=0 AC=7% DMG=0 HP=1 Critical Chance=4
Enhanced Combat Boots BC=11% DMG Reduce=0 AC=7% DMG=0 HP=0 Critical Chance=0
Villain's Ring BC=0 DMG Reduce=0 AC=25% DMG=3-6 HP=4 Critical Chance=0
Ring of the Protector BC=14% DMG Reduce=0 AC=20% DMG=0-3 HP=3 Critical Chance=0
Marrowtaint BC=9% DMG Reduce=0 AC=9% DMG=0 HP=5 Critical Chance=0 Attack Cost= -1

AC: 148%
BC: 94%
DMG: 5-11
DMG Reduce: 1
HP: 13
Critical Skill: 0
Critical Multiplier: 0
Blackwater Misery:
Attack Cost = +1
AC= -50%
Critical Skill= -50

So what is the point in using the blackwater set?
First thing: Block Chance. This setup provides you a high base block chance, which is increased by the light armor skill by additional 90%
The malus on attack rate is easily compensated by the dagger skill and the two dual wielding skills. In fact, because the two daggers have an extremly high base attack rate, you easily get around 400% attack chance when the skills are maxed out.
And the malus on attack points gets easily compensated by the marrowtaint or the jewel of fallhaven.

You don't need shiny things like Ring of Lesser Shadow or other legendaries.

And because all those things, standing above are more or less endgame options, you will use the following stuff, until you reach level 30:

Quick Strike Dagger AC=20% DMG=0 Critical Skill=0 Critical Multiplier=0 AP=3 BC=-20%
Strong Wooden Tower Shield BC=14% DMG Reduce=0 AC=-6% DMG=0 HP=0 Critical Skill=0
Villain's Ring BC=0 DMG Reduce=0 AC=25% DMG=3-6 HP=4 Critical Skill=0
Ring of the Protector BC=14% DMG Reduce=0 AC=20% DMG=0-3 HP=3 Critical Skill=0
Jewel of Fallhaven (earlier you take Irogotus Necklace) Attack Cost=-1
Hardened Leather Shirt BC=5% DMG Reduce=1 AC=0 DMG=0 HP=0 Critical Skill=0
Trouble Makers Gloves BC=4% DMG Reduce=0 AC=7% DMG=0 HP=1 Critical Skill=4
Fine Green Hat BC=2% DMG Reduce=0 AC=0 DMG=0 HP=0 Critical Skill=0
Vaccors Boots of attack BC=2% DMG Reduce=0 AC=11% DMG=0 HP=0 Critical Skill=0

AC: 77%
BC: 21%
DMG: 3-9
DMG Reduce: 1
HP: 8
Critical Skill: 0
Critical Multiplier: 0

The biggest advantage are the extra attacks per round, even if the damage per hit isn't the highest.

And how shall I achieve all of that expensive endgame items you ask?
You slay puppies. To sell puppie meat to the people, because it makes no difference for the people, if they eat snake meat, dog meat, or any other meat. They pay a good price.

As soon as you reach level 15, you stop slaying little dogs and do some more serious buiseness. You go Flagstone Prison up and down -you loot health potions, gold and Iron Swords, which makes you rich. And strong. Because you can get around 15k experience per run up and down. Do that, until you are around level 24 -and keep the health potions!

Now, that you played enough levels looking like a fool with the Quick Stitch Needle, a shield bigger than yourself and an ugly green hat, you deserve to wear your endgame gear as soons as you are level 30 and you are able to dual wield

Other good regions to grind until you are strong enough to do things like Charwood and Remgard:

Zombie Cave near Charwood (around 30k experience per run up and down)
Iquan Cave (you get your Dagger of Shadow Priests there) (around 35k experience per run up and down)

So, what does that mean to the sides you chose?

You side with Black Water and not Prim. Because the people in Prim are poor. And poor people don't sell the black water gear. And you want that gear.

You destroy the dark protector, because the 5% resistance against side effects is more useful than this helmet, even if it has a badass story behind it (chosing the resistance stuff also gives you more experience as a reward).

You help the witch in Remgard. Because Jhaeld is not a nice person. And because you can't just kill him, you want at least the option to make him sick. And you receive the Marrowtaint from the witch. Which is awesome.

Remember, you are a kid which grew up without any morale code.

Playing Strategy:

Always remember, you are a kid. And kids don't rush into larger groups of enemies. Because you can't tank much damage. And that means, you will awake in beds (don't ask who carries you back to a tavern and let's you sleep, until you regenarated)

You drink bone meal potions, because potions made of bones of dead people heal you, just like you regenerate after eating the corpses of your victims.

Useful Links:
http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/0.7.0/

This guide will be continued with:
Equipment Pictures
More detailed strategy for the first levels (for the people, who are too lazy to read the forums)
Equipment Sources and Prices

Please feel free to comment.
Last edited by lakra on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
lakra
Lvl: 76 XP: 7890637 AP: 12/3 HP: 249 AC: 394% AD: 58-65 CHS: -29 BC: 140% DR: 3
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 1 MC: 1 CS: 2 CE: 1 IF: 5
Reg: 1 WP:Da: 3 WP:1S: 1 AP:L: 3 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1
RoLS: 1
Status Effects: SR
lakra

Placeholder

Post by lakra »

Nr. 1
lakra
lakra

Placeholder

Post by lakra »

Nr. 2
lakra
lakra

Placeholder

Post by lakra »

Nr. 3
lakra
lakra

Re: Guide to Dual Tickling Kid

Post by lakra »

- Added equipment stats and shiny text colors.

If anybody would like to help, I would need the following things:

Because I am totally unable to use picture editing, I would need some hero pictures (character blank, character with stupid looking green hat, needle and oversized towershield, character with two daggers, shiny armor and sunglasses on, character with oversized two-handed sword)

I would also appreciate, if somebody has an easy summary about how attack chance, critical chance and block chance work (the actual maths behind).
lakra
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

This is how AC, BC, and criticals work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
contrapunctus
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by contrapunctus »

Thanks for this guide!

My first character was extremely BC focused (level 47, base AC 105, BC 108; some misguided aim of "CE + high BC = I'll never need potions"), and I roughly followed this guide for my second. The difference is night and day. That high AD enables you to go places a lot earlier than otherwise, and monsters take a lot less tapping to kill. You can even come out of fights with high level monsters (e.g. Gornauds) unscathed, as long as you can kill them in the first round, you're careful not to take on more than one at a time (as the guide says), and you attack first (...is there some trick to consistently ensure this?).

Been a lot of fun. Thanks again.
lakra

Post by lakra »

Yay, somebody read it :shock: :lol:

When rereading the guide I just noticed so many typos and misspells (hm, I'm not really sure about how many errors are even in this post :oops: ) -I should correct those things somedays.

For your question with the first attack:

First option would be to max out evasion (which would cost too many skill points in my opinion)
Second option is just to watch the movements of the enemies. You develop a feeling for when they do a little pause in their moves -this is when you want to attack. Try to attack from diagonal positions (this maybe is just a personal feeling, but it seems to increase the chance for a first attack)
lakra
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

If you are next to a monster there is a 15% chance it will attack. That is reduced by 5% for each level of Evasion, so with 3 levels a monster will never attack if you are adjacent to it. A monster will always attack if it attempts to move onto your square, but non-agressive monsters (i.e. ones that do not chase you) do not move on diagonals. So if you attack on a diagonal you are more likely to get he first hit, and if you attack on a diagonal with 3 levels of Evasion you are guaranteed to get the first hit.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
contrapunctus
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by contrapunctus »

Wow, thanks for those insights, you guys! :D

Re: misspellings, yeah, I was thinking of pointing them out...

.o(If this were a wiki, I'd have corrected them by now...why do we have a forum at all? Why not just run a wiki? 🤔)