v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Monster Status Effects

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Monster Status Effects

Post by Kashim »

Monster status effects either aren't being displayed correctly, or actually aren't working correctly, and that is now visible due to the new display system.
When wearing the worn plated gloves, I have a 20% chance to inflict dazed for 4 rounds. I can inflict dazed, and it certainly appears to be having a significant effect. However, against tough monsters, it appears that if I inflict dazed a SECOND time, while dazed is already in effect, it either quits displaying that the creature is dazed, or the creature quits being dazed. I've had a hard time reproducing the issue enough times to be sure about whether the effect is fully vanishing or not, but the bug has been generally very easy to reproduce.
For now I would bet on a display error. The new effect comes on-screen for a split second before both effects vanish. It really is hard to tell though, my character has a LOT of natural variance built into their hit chances, and the enemy I'm fighting has to stay alive long enough to get dazed, get dazed again, and then survive enough further hits that I can try to verify if they are easier to hit than normal...

I haven't tested with other status effects. My new character isn't far enough with the new content yet. I also don't know if it would be a problem for anything stacking like bleeding wounds.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Monster Status Effects

Post by Kashim »

Confirmed: just a display bug for the auto-display. When clicking on the monster's portrait in the top left, it still appears dazed.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Monster Status Effects

Post by rijackson741 »

Thanks for reporting this.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1