Idea: New Areas/Biomes

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
JustBinary
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Idea: New Areas/Biomes

Post by JustBinary »

Hello,
I didn't want to dig too deep into the developer's sections so I don't know if something like this is already planned...

My idea was a completely new area featuring new "biomes". In the current world there are only "lands" or "forests" or "mountains" and so on. But what about a dessert? This dessert has no trees, only rare plants at all. It comes with little houses that are designed in a typical way and the people living there just think about water as of gold of course. So they could ask for bringing water to them as a possible quest. Additionally, a dessert contains poisonous animals and holes/caves where really bad creatures live ...
But there is the problem that you can't place a dessert next to the known "healty" world containing all these plants.
So what about an ocean? At the edge of the currently known world, there could be one big city that lives from their trading with the rest of the world. After completing a really hard (and possibly long) quest, one of the captains allows you to sail with him to his country which is somewhere else ... the really hot place is a dessert. Whenever you pay him a high price, you can travel from one country to the other.
As a last idea (but I think no one would really like it) the ship could be "playable". So that you're the captain shipping on the sea to far lands ...

Okay, that's much to the creative part. But if we're realistic, it's hard to manage and A LOT of work. The harbor could be placed at the east corner of Nor City (as far as I'm correctly informed about the plans to this city)? Alternatively, somewhere in the south from Crossglen, going southwest from Fallhaven or southeast from Stoutford, there is a (unused?) road without any further way to the south. Is there something planned?

TL;DR
New "biomes" (regions) like a dessert or an ocean would be really cool and extraordinary, but hard to implement and extremely time consuming
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Idea: New Areas/Biomes

Post by ace »

since there is no desert area yet, it might be possible to include one but don't think the ocean will be possible at all.

Edit: I don't*
Last edited by ace on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Nor City is landlocked, but Feygard will be on the ocean. See here for a rough layout: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4736, although it doesn't show the ocean. IIRC someone else suggested a trip from Feygard to another land, but I can't find the thread. It's possible to do this, but first we need to create Feygard (and Nor City), which will be a lot of work!
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Mark Howard
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Mark Howard »

Think boat! A cool boat trip needs to be fit in some here with all this water around!
My phone runs on Oreos!
Ironman86
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Ironman86 »

I like this Idea! The creativity of group in Forum is great lot of great ideas and suggestions! Don't want to step on development's toes tho. I think the suggestions and ideas that are submitted are more fuel for the fire. AT is a work in progress and possibilities are endless! The sky is the limit? Or is it?;-)
Trust nothing. Question everything