v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Bug: Misplaced Player Due To Fast Fights

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
JustBinary
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Bug: Misplaced Player Due To Fast Fights

Post by JustBinary »

Hi,
I encountered two kinds of a weird bug. I'm running v0.7.3 on Android 6.0.1. I have combat animations disabled to quickly fight against lots of enemies.
If you do that too fast, then you may be placed on the same field as the enemy you fight against. That is when you attack an enemy that moves in your direction exactly in the same moment. The enemy appears to be placed "on" you. See screenshots 1 and 2.
In another case of the same situation (fighting really fast), I was placed next to the enemy. However, I should not be there as it was just water (the enemy was on the bridge next to me). Poorly, I don't have a screenshot.
This was only encountered on the new maps like here in the cave for the I have it in me quest.
Hopefully I was able to help ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Bug: Misplaced Player Due To Fast Fights

Post by Zukero »

Yes, I am aware of this family of issues.
The current plan to fix this is a major overhaul of the rendering system (better timing and synchronisation of redraws).
This won't happen until v0.8.0 at least though.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2