v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Not coherent timing in the plot

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Not coherent timing in the plot

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I hope it isn't so. New content should be first. Besides it's a small thing to just have some png, npc to have a different dialogue. It would take months to fix it. And most of us won't even know about it because we won't back to talk to the them. With new content we can keep going with the story and they can have it start there. To me it's pointless (not a dumb idea at all but) pointless for them to redue thedrop box's for a different dialogue. I would really like to see if we have to kill and or in the next few years instead of a possible never. Again you make a great point, but it would fustrate alot of people. I say this respectfully
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 am I think most players would disagree. Aside from your proposal, I have more than 100 items on my "needs polishing" list. So if that's what we do, there will be no new content for a long time.
I agree with this. Not because adding one or two lines of dialogues or modifying them is technically hard but because it's very time consuming. And trust me, time is what everyone's short on. So I will be very glad if get some new content instead of those dialogues fixing which aren't that much of a bother. But this doesn't mean that there will be no room for improvement after the game is finished as unlike real life house, the dialogues can be attended and modified later.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Post by roberto »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 am I think most players would disagree. Aside from your proposal, I have more than 100 items on my "needs polishing" list. So if that's what we do, there will be no new content for a long time.
Different heads, different ideas.
You asked to me what I prefere and I reply with my preference: if other players dislike my preference is a problem of them, not of mine.
Of course, if you consider that there are several other activities that has more importance, ok, go with them first.
Who decide the way to follow is the coder (you), not the translator (me): my due is to report what i think is a bug: if/when/how to fix it is not my power to decide.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I confess that I was surprised by your answer :D .

Another thing that needs "polishing" is that the shadows are not consistent through the game. It's on the list to fix, but it's not a priority because it would be a lot of work to fix something that most players have probably not even noticed, and even fewer probably care about. There are a lot of other things too, and how soon they will get addressed depends on how much they affect game play and how much work they are to fix. So I don't disagree with the fact that these dialogues could use improvement in the way you have noted, and I've put it on the list, but it's going to sit on the list for a long time :mrgreen:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:55 pm I confess that I was surprised by your answer :D .

Another thing that needs "polishing" is that the shadows are not consistent through the game. It's on the list to fix, but it's not a priority because it would be a lot of work to fix something that most players have probably not even noticed, and even fewer probably care about. There are a lot of other things too, and how soon they will get addressed depends on how much they affect game play and how much work they are to fix. So I don't disagree with the fact that these dialogues could use improvement in the way you have noted, and I've put it on the list, but it's going to sit on the list for a long time :mrgreen:
...well, now that i know...

but, in regards to OP... don't forget how often the hero (this time the female...) looks a lot like andor... (which is probably another inconsistant plot.) basically, they would have to go back and change a bunch to keep it consistant.)

I think it should remain the same at least until just before the last part of the game,
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Actually I just see it like this: The sun has not set the entire time since my character woke up in her father's house at the start of the game. So this world must have much longer days than our real life world does. Simple and doesn't distract from the story. Also doesn't require any dialogue changes!
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

Lady Drager wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:29 pm Actually I just see it like this: The sun has not set the entire time since my character woke up in her father's house at the start of the game. So this world must have much longer days than our real life world does. Simple and doesn't distract from the story. Also doesn't require any dialogue changes!
or in the AT world since there are a lot of ghosts and undead creatures. :3 time is really a loop. :D
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D