v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Partly visible gems?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Adventurer
android_version: 4.2

Partly visible gems?

Post by Adventurer »

I found these two "partly visible" gems in
a new mountainous area on the way to Remgard.
What's up with these? Are they part of a quest? No quest items have been added to my inventory, just regular gems. I see a "questProgress" reward type in the game files but that could just be a way to prevent multiple pickups, I'm not sure.

The message on pickup reads:

Code: Select all

You find a partly visible gem sticking out of the exposed rock.
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Partly visible gems?

Post by Urbain »

I was wondering the same... are the deva teasing us with a future update?
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I believe that this is just an "Easter Egg". Adding intrigue and depth into the world. A nice little addition if you ask me.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Adventurer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:55 pm I see a "questProgress" reward type in the game files but that could just be a way to prevent multiple pickups, I'm not sure.
That's exactly what it is. There are visible quests, and non-visible quests. Both are used to keep track of what you have done, but you do not always need to know things are being tracked. For visible quests the quest log entry is what you see. For non-visible quests it's usually something to tell the dev team what it's for, such as "Found gem 1 on waytolake6". That is the entry for one of those gems, and waytolake6 is the internal ID of the map. When you find the gem that quest stage is set, and it's checked if you go looking a second time.

I'm not going to say anything about the gems themselves, but we would never allow you to sell an item that would later be required for a quest. Also, do not assume everything has a use (beyond selling it for some amount of money). It may, or it may not. Maybe we don't even know yet :lol: .
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
MorrisMac
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by MorrisMac »

I was wondering what those things are and if you're able to somehow interact with them as well. A neat little idea that adds depth to the game for sure. Love it!
Here's my opinion on electric log splitters if you're interested.