v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
ljshua
android_version: 7.0

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by ljshua »

So I'm getting kinda confused here by all these posts trying to find out where I can find the new items.
the BD can be found by the oozes, got that
but where can I find the HoF?
maybe I'm just too stupid to read properly or it's my perfect english skills but can someone please help me out :?
And are these the only two new extraordinary/legendary items you can get or are there more to hunt down?
thx a lot :roll:
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Look at the first post of this thread.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ljshua
android_version: 7.0

Post by ljshua »

Ohh, thanks a lot!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:01 am
Antison wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 pm legendary in name only. This item's attributes/properties are not legendary worthy when compared to it's contemporaries.
There's not a lot to compare to, but I would argue that its stats are better than those of the Elytharan redeemer.
Jackson,
All I'm saying is that the stats of the HoF fall in line with other available helmets (dark protector) and because they are so similar it really deters me from wanting to mine for it.

Even the new extraordinary shield is only marginally better then the Wooden Defender. But that is probably okay because it's not legendary.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I don't think it's desirable to make the rare drop items too good. They should be "nice to have" items, not "must have" items. Or possibly not even nice to have, just unusual (e.g. Shadowfang). The RoLS is so good that it's regarded by many as a must have item, and that is not really a good thing.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:39 pm I don't think it's desirable to make the rare drop items too good. They should be "nice to have" items, not "must have" items. Or possibly not even nice to have, just unusual (e.g. Shadowfang). The RoLS is so good that it's regarded by many as a must have item, and that is not really a good thing.
Agreed, but something like the ELyR or the RoL have found that Goldie locks zone in that is what we should strive to reach for all other legendary items.
In fact I've got two builds, each one centering around one of these swords.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I have never understood the attraction of ELyR. You get a 2AP bonus, but for the most part that doesn't get you much. The attack cost is 5AP, so you get two attacks per round, which is what you would get without the 2AP bonus. If you invest skill points and get CS2 you get to 14AP, and you still only get 2 attacks per round. If you get JoF or Marrowtaint then the attack cost drops to 4AP, so you get 3 attacks per round with or without CS2. So the only benefit I see is that it makes Combat speed worthless, and you invest those skill points in something else. For a two-handed sword, the Gleaming claymore of ruin is better.

As far as HoF goes, the base stats are similar to the DP. But there's a reasonable chance of getting a condition that boosts both AC and BC by 20, which is significant. OK, there's also the possibility that your AC and BC will get nerfed by 20, but it's 4x less likely than the boost. I would rate it as the best helmet in the game. Not so much better than anything else that it's a must have item, but enough so that it's a nice to have (even very nice to have) item.
Antison

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:41 am I have never understood the attraction of ELyR. You get a 2AP bonus, but for the most part that doesn't get you much. The attack cost is 5AP, so you get two attacks per round, which is what you would get without the 2AP bonus. If you invest skill points and get CS2 you get to 14AP, and you still only get 2 attacks per round. If you get JoF or Marrowtaint then the attack cost drops to 4AP, so you get 3 attacks per round with or without CS2. So the only benefit I see is that it makes Combat speed worthless, and you invest those skill points in something else. For a two-handed sword, the Gleaming claymore of ruin is better.
True, but you forgot about the very cool actor condition icon and the sword's beautiful icon. :D

my ELyR is high on Minor potion of speed most of the day. Really makes it hard to sleep.

Another good thing with the ELyR is the 5% bc boost. One of the rare swords that gets a boost to it's bc from the weapon skills.
AndorTrailssmoke
android_version: 4.0

Post by AndorTrailssmoke »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:41 am I have never understood the attraction of ELyR. You get a 2AP bonus, but for the most part that doesn't get you much. The attack cost is 5AP, so you get two attacks per round, which is what you would get without the 2AP bonus. If you invest skill points and get CS2 you get to 14AP, and you still only get 2 attacks per round. If you get JoF or Marrowtaint then the attack cost drops to 4AP, so you get 3 attacks per round with or without CS2. So the only benefit I see is that it makes Combat speed worthless, and you invest those skill points in something else. For a two-handed sword, the Gleaming claymore of ruin is better.

As far as HoF goes, the base stats are similar to the DP. But there's a reasonable chance of getting a condition that boosts both AC and BC by 20, which is significant. OK, there's also the possibility that your AC and BC will get nerfed by 20, but it's 4x less likely than the boost. I would rate it as the best helmet in the game. Not so much better than anything else that it's a must have item, but enough so that it's a nice to have (even very nice to have) item.
Note that I’m still trying to grind a RoLs but if I’m not wrong then if you dual wield Elthyrian Redeemers with 2x action point skill and JoF then you have a total of 16Ap with a 4Ap consumption rate... Its a lot less work to just get 6 attacks by DWing quickstrike daggers but hey!
Lvl70 Xp6,215,265 Hp206 Ac125 Ad24 Bc54 Dr2 MonstersK 41574 No gear better than Ex... on 6k Shadow gargoyle trainer/master kills across two characters
Antison

Post by Antison »

AndorTrailssmoke wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:30 pm

Note that I’m still trying to grind a RoLs but if I’m not wrong then if you dual wield Elthyrian Redeemers with 2x action point skill and JoF then you have a total of 16Ap with a 4Ap consumption rate... Its a lot less work to just get 6 attacks by DWing quickstrike daggers but hey!
The ELyR is a two-handed sword. Hence, no dual wielding