v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

2 bugs

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Inkmei
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

2 bugs

Post by Inkmei »

I am playing V.0.7.5 on my Droid Turbo 2 using Android version 7.0. I would like to transfer my latest save game to my Google Pixel 2XL, is there a way to do that?

Bug 1. When I go north on my screen the game doesn't scroll to keep up with my guy. So, often I end up fighting a monster at the very top of my screen. The problem is, once the fight starts the monster's health bar covers the action so my man and the monster are concealed. I don't remember the older version of the game doing that.

Bug 2. Occasionally I die and end up in an inn. When that happens I go back to my menu screen by hitting the back arrow on my phone. I select Load and click on the save game I want to use, and the game crashes at that point...every time. Once I restart the game I can then go to Load and load the saved game I want. The older version of the game did not do that.

I downloaded the game from the Google Play Store.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: 2 bugs

Post by rijackson741 »

Inkmei wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:33 pm I am playing V.0.7.5 on my Droid Turbo 2 using Android version 7.0. I would like to transfer my latest save game to my Google Pixel 2XL, is there a way to do that?
On your device is a folder call andors-trail, with your savegames and a subfolder called worldmap. Copy the andors-trail folder and all it's contents to a PC or the cloud, then copy them back to the new device.

Thanks for the bug reports.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Inkmei

Post by Inkmei »

Thanks on how to copy my save game!
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Hello Inkmei, and thanks for stopping by to report this.
I saw the reports for your crashes on Google play. There are 14 reports for the same crash, all but one from a couple of Moto Droid Turbo 2.
In a report on Google play, I can see what code was running when the crash occurred. In your case, it's all in Google's OS code, and no clue I can use to try to fix it. As I don't own a Droid Turbo 2, and it seems to only affect those, I hope you'll like your Pixel 2XL :)
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Inkmei

Post by Inkmei »

This is the saga of trying to move my saved games from my Droid Turbo 2 to my Pixel 2XL. I copied the andors-trail directory from my Turbo 2 (it is using Android version 7.0) onto my computer. I then copied that directory onto my Pixel 2XL (it uses Android 9.0). All was well, my new phone had the game installed but I never opened it so the andors-trail directory did not already exist. Then I started Andor's Trail. When I went to load a saved game, I noticed that my old phone had 10 saved games, but only the first 9 transfer over. What the heck? Anyhow, when I selected a saved game, I got a notice saying my saved game was from a newer version of Andor's Trail than my game. Not a problem. I went into the PlayStore and updated my game. Well, I tried to. I got a message saying the game was already installed and would not update. So, I deleted the game from my Pixel then re-downloaded it from the Play Store. Now my 9 saved games work. But, there is still a problem. When I went to my map screen, all areas having to do with the Green Maze were once again blacked out. What?!?!? NO!!! That maze is just way too difficult and confusing to navigate, I do not want to have to go through it all yet a 4th time just to fill in the map. I thought perhaps it erased my Green Maze and Lodar's Cave quests altogether, but it did not. I still have items from the quest. The lamps in a certain cave are still green. Just on the outside chance that something messed up. I plugged my Pixel back into my computer and deleted the andors-trail directory. Then I went through the process of reloading it from my Turbo 2. I got the same results, only 9 of 10 saved games and the Green Maze blacked out. Sorry that was long, but I wanted to include enough details.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I maybe missing things did you copy your world maps to your new device and put them in the same foldernas your saved games as it was originally memt to take your post inkmei but I forgot also if you did not save it after you did the maze it wouldn't show up as found.but that's what I'm getting from this
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Inkmei

Post by Inkmei »

The save games and world map are all in the andors-trail directory I believe.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

All I can ask is if they are did you save the game after you did the green maze? Besides that I'm sorry.. I know not what see to suggest. Was trying to help.
Inkmei

Post by Inkmei »

Chuchulainn, I appreciate any advice. If I load saved game 1 in my old phone and load it in my new phone, I'm level 59 on both, I have the same experience points, and the same items. Everything is the same except what the world map looks like. Another interesting thing: if I start the game on my old phone and hit "load", I have 10 saved games to chose from. Yet when I look into the andors-trail directory on that same phone, there are only 9 saved games, numbered 1-9. It seems the game is storing save game number 10 somewhere else. So odd.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

That is odd. Each save game is different on the world map( it should be) if you start over you shouldn't have a world map. The missing saved game could be Mia. But if you stored it on the phone or sd disk do a search for the saved game. Some times when transferimg music I found it in another folder. So if it's on your phone click phone storage and type in save game and the number. It isn't lost but it's there