v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

NOOOOOOOOOO!

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Post by Capeditiea »

*cries epically,

T.T i inadvertedly started a new game, because i realized i was gonna try full on tank style, so i leveled up,.. and, and... T.T i saved over my old game... and i was aready so far into it,

o well, atleast now i can do things a but differently and use the Scythe when i get to that point. :D
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: NOOOOOOOOOO!

Post by Zukero »

The importance of backups and multiple saves cannot be overstated. Sorry for your loss.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

Zukero wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 pm The importance of backups and multiple saves cannot be overstated. Sorry for your loss.
*nods, yeah i normally save a back up when i do this... but... i didn't realize until after it happened.

PSA
IT IS OF MAJOR IMPORTANCE TO BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILES AS ZUKERO HATH MENTIONED ABOVE

:3 at least i can start over. :D i think i rushed it last time, so i am gonna take more time grinding the rats until i get 3500 or so gold. :D
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I have a backup of all my AT savegames. And I have a backup of that backup (seriously).

Install, for example, Dropbox, on your phone. Every now and then, copy your entire andors-trail folder to the Dropbox folder. It will automatically be backed up to the cloud. You can then smash your phone, throw it in a lake, set fire to it, or whatever, and your savegames will be safe.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

*nods, i just transfer it to my laptop, and then transfer it to my external hard drive. :D but the only issue is accidently deleting it when i do my yearly cleaning. :O

---edited to add...

i am also tempted to test your theory if earth, water, and fire... :3

---edited again to add,
i don't mind starting over again... i mean i am sure by the time the next big update comes, i should be caught up with my first. :3
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:02 pm I have a backup of all my AT savegames. And I have a backup of that backup (seriously).

Install, for example, Dropbox, on your phone. Every now and then, copy your entire andors-trail folder to the Dropbox folder. It will automatically be backed up to the cloud. You can then smash your phone, throw it in a lake, set fire to it, or whatever, and your savegames will be safe.
Me too. Google Drive is my friend. My original character has survived 3 or 4 phones because I am meticulous with my saving and backing up.

All 10 of my characters are backed up in Google Drive. After completing all new content, or gaining a legendary or extraordinary item, I back up the file.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

*nods, i shall back up once i catch up to the previous one's level, the back up again once i catch up to the previous one's quest completion. Which then back up after each completed quest. :3 or obtained Ledendary items.

a personal thing...
i feel this was a strange warning, one of our dogs irl was put to sleep this morning... first time i experienced this... thankfully i can use AT as a cathartic release.
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Post by Usirim »

Save the game bevore every levelup to a new savegame (which is then correlating with your actuall level). :idea:
Overwrite the first 2 or 4 savegame positions for actual game savepoints one/two Chars. Use the option to ask when overwriting savegames with different names.

So it is very unlikely to override a well developed Char with a new started second Char (with different name).

Doing this for years and even if I decide to go a different char development way, I don't have to start from the beginning.
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15