v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Underwater area/quest

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
BWPanda

Underwater area/quest

Post by BWPanda »

Capeditiea's post got me thinking about a possible future underwater area/quest...

I figure the entrance to the underwater area could be in a cave next to a lake. This one would work nicely, unless there are other plans for it. After going in and battling your way through some amphibious monsters, you'd come to a main cavern that had a central pond-type thing where you enter the underwater part of the cave. At first you can't enter for fear of drowning, but someone somewhere would give you either a hat/helmet that allows breathing underwater, or a potion of the same. Then you can enter and eventually fight your way through to a water-beast/goddess/whatever.

Another thought is to utilise the 'fullRoundEffect' option for conditions and have a 'drowning' condition that applies underwater where you lose 1hp every 25 seconds (then design the maps/monsters to make it hard, but not impossible, to reach the end before you drown.

Thoughts?
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Underwater area/quest

Post by Nut »

Cool idea! And there are many possibilities in it to develop further
Nut
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by The Gray »

awesome idea~ :3 i think this can also lead to more effects, weapons, armors, etc too :3 <3
:D
eor
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by eor »

I like it.

There is a place in the charwood mine, a few screens past the danger hole (GoW grinding area) a small path guarded by ash spawn that leads to water that I have been wishing I could explore - might be a good place for something like this..

(fnord)
Embrace the Shadowbunnies :shock: