v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

The Beatles and solo projects

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

The Beatles and solo projects

Post by BethelAbba »

I'm a pretty big Beatles fan
loved the beetle battle and "Fool on the Hill" nods in the game
and have pretty much everything available by the band..... or so I thought.

I don't know if any of you have encountered this, but in 2009 a strange website appeared, with a totally bizarre story and....... new "music" by the guys. Kinda. Newish? Radically restructured remixes with really amazing reworked reinterpretations. This was my personal review sent to a few friends:

it's like they took snippet's from John, Paul, George, and Ringo's solo careers, crammed them together in a blender, microwaved the results, included a disco ball, turned up the groove and added sunshine.

I am definitely digging this!!!! This has got to be one of the best things I have heard in a while.
That all tantalizingly stated.... has any one else out there "discovered" the lost Beatles album titled "Everyday Chemistry"? If you haven't, and you're a Beatles fan, the songs are free. You can find the at theBeatlesneverbrokeup.com along with a super trippy backstory on where the songs came from.
an alternative universe where... the Beatles never broke up as a band. Trust me the whole story will leave you wondering.
Last edited by BethelAbba on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: The Beatles and solo projects

Post by BethelAbba »

If you give any of the songs a spin, make sure you catch "four guys" and "I'm just sitting here". Both are stunning.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

i am not a beatles fan... however, i do enjoy listening to music. i wonder if i can find Everyday Chemistry on the p2p thing i use...
just checked either it is not in the p2p or it is taking a while find...

i'll just visit the site. :3
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Not a Beatles fan either.
A few years ago, I began questioning my opinion about them, so I listened to all their studio albums in chronological order. I ended up confirming what I thought. I kind of enjoyed Rubber Band though.

As a side note, if you like rock music, try King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. They released many albums, all of them different, yet their music is consistent. I got severely hooked to a point I rarely reach. Only Nine Inch Nails and Primus did that to me before.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

Suprizingly, i don't listen to much rock aside from 1960s-1980s (with the occasional 90s or later.) :3 i really love Devin Townsend, among a short list of others.

But i prefer the moody blues over the beatles or hendrix.

i have to wait for my data to be high again, to obtain "Everyday Chemistry" i tried downloading it earlier but it failed. :O

i suspect a conspiracy...

i have read the story. it sounds equally farfetched and authentic. *nods, and i am sayingthis as a dimensional shifter. :D so it is still possible that they crossed dimensions.

i listened to "four guys"
which furthers my theory that it is equally farfetched and authentic.

two reasons.
1. "band on the run" "man on the run" sounds awfully similar, but in a different more experienced context, i even have sung things that contain the same wordflow with the same sound as another song. So this kinda debunks this part, yet it sounds really choppy.

2. but then one would require more advanced technology to make some of the sounds,some of which can only be done on a computer. like the constant tempo change which is fluid, almost as fluid as if you simply turn a knob on the speed at which it would be played, (which can be done via live feed back in the cassette days, but cannot be recorded with out more noize artifacts.) this part is hard to make it seem authentic.

if it was mastered digitally then it wouldn't sound so choppy. since the recording studio would record everything at different times, so it would sound like this. also really lofi.

i won't discredit this, until i hear it all... or getan email back from the dude from the site. :D
eitherway this is peciliar album. and just from listening to Four Guys, i like it. :3 i may master it when i obtain it. :3
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

I am a Beatles fan, and all of their solo stuff, especially Lennon - so songs like "In My Life" and "Come Together" and "While my Guitar gently weeps" are my favorites, actually all their stuff are my favorites. So, what are the fool on the hill and beatles battles nods in this game you talking about?
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

In the new Guymart area west of the castle there are some kids gathered
around a pit with battling beetles. They bet, which one will win.

The Fool on the Hill, I guess, is the old man on the hill southeast of the
castle, who demands wine, bread and cheese
Oh, and I'm not a fan, but I like the blue and red double albums very much.
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

Thank you Mayweed, I haven't gotten that far yet, I still in Blackwater trying to get legendary items - I can't wait to see how this game keeps on developing!
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1