v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Way to Remgard

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
HirathilMaster12
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Way to Remgard

Post by HirathilMaster12 »

I noticed that it takes a really long time to reach Remgard and after quite some time it gets really annoying, so i was thinking that if a shortcut was made it would make it a lot easier to get there as it takes ages to reach Remgard.Another thing about the way to Remgard is that there seems to be a forest clearing somewhere to the north where there are mountain brutes,so ok i think there might be something interesting like a boss mob or an oegyth crystal mob,but nothing interesting was there!A bit disappointing.
Matt
Level 43
Total Exp:1411293
Places visited:372
quests completed 47
AC: 204%
BC: 62%
DR: 2
AD: 33-69
MAX AP: 12
AP Cost: 5
Weapon - Xul'viir
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Way to Remgard

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Spoiler below re Oegyth Crystals and route to Remgard.
You can pick up four Oegyth Crystals on the way to Remgard.
See the puppies scatter.
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

you also can level up there at least once.
to top it off there are a few (not so great) rare items. if you are wanting to grind and collect, which can grant even more levels gained. and since you go back and forth a few times you can obtain a bunch more levels. but it is so late in the game... at least since one quest has you go from one edge of the map to the other then back, it does kinda get scary long.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The next release will include a couple of shortcuts, but Remgard is not one of them. Personally, I am against a shortcut to Remgard. We need some places that will always be hard to get to, and Remgard is an excellent candidate.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

aye, i agree. :3 *nods, it happens to be one of my two favourite leveling places in the game.
the other is BWM :D since it has the one negative attribute defying thing that i dislike... the +AP thing... sigh... but once you can easily take the white worms out and Wyrm Trainers/Apprentices with ease... or obtain that legendary item... move on.

:3 thusly road to remgard is a lot easier to me... for the most part...
the green maze is just grrrr... though this character has a lot easier time with the ghosts...
doc1623
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by doc1623 »

Capeditiea wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:38 pm aye, i agree. :3 *nods, it happens to be one of my two favourite leveling places in the game.
the other is BWM :D since it has the one negative attribute defying thing that i dislike... the +AP thing... sigh... but once you can easily take the white worms out and Wyrm Trainers/Apprentices with ease... or obtain that legendary item... move on.

the green maze is just grrrr... though this character has a lot easier time with the ghosts...

questions
1. what's the +AP thing?
2. ".....Wyrm Trainers/Apprentices with ease" is this just being @ a higher lvl?
...cause they seem hard to me @ lvl 25

any tips... appreciated ;)
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

doc1623 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:11 pm
Capeditiea wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:38 pm aye, i agree. :3 *nods, it happens to be one of my two favourite leveling places in the game.

questions
1. what's the +AP thing?
2. ".....Wyrm Trainers/Apprentices with ease" is this just being @ a higher lvl?
...cause they seem hard to me @ lvl 25

any tips... appreciated ;)
...i would have to get back to you on the name. (i am currently hunting for a RoLS) on my current build... it may take a while, however i just remember the effects, where it raises the AP by 1 or 2 i think, which stays for a little while 4 or 10 turns depending on the inflictor.
doc1623

Post by doc1623 »

lol,

ok yeah,

Sorry, I didn't know why I was getting my ..tail :lol: kicked!....
Minor fatigue
I guess it's +2 to AC and MC.

http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/0.7.0/conditionlist.php
I'm still hating these guys! but, I did make it through to BW yet again. Now ... back down ... ouch!
Really glad I collected the talons. I now have the anti-fatigue potions (expensive) but... not sure how great they will be cause... I seem to get it almost every strike from the Wyrm guys
doc1623

Post by doc1623 »

rijackson741 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:38 pm The next release will include a couple of shortcuts, but Remgard is not one of them. Personally, I am against a shortcut to Remgard. We need some places that will always be hard to get to, and Remgard is an excellent candidate.

I haven't been to Remgard yet, but personally, I like shortcuts, at least, after the initial "hard road".

I'm showing my age :oops: but I played a game on Nintendo that let you teleport to towns once you had been there. (@ least if my memory serves)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystalis

If you can find an emulator and a ROM ..it's a fun game, it never really "made" it... relatively unknown.
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Post by Firefly84 »

doc1623 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:00 pm lol,

ok yeah,

Sorry, I didn't know why I was getting my ..tail :lol: kicked!....
Minor fatigue
I guess it's +2 to AC and MC.

http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/0.7.0/conditionlist.php
I'm still hating these guys! but, I did make it through to BW yet again. Now ... back down ... ouch!
Really glad I collected the talons. I now have the anti-fatigue potions (expensive) but... not sure how great they will be cause... I seem to get it almost every strike from the Wyrm guys
You will find a shortcut from the Blackwater Mountain Settlement back to Prim (one way only) once you reach the sanctuary there.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4