v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What doesn't seem bugged?

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
420girl
android_version: 8.0

What doesn't seem bugged?

Post by 420girl »

~The controls are whacked. My hero chooses to walk around monsters rather than at them to attack. This allows me to get attacked first, and they always hit me.

~Can't hit! Pretty much can't land a hit. On average, 20% of my attacks land with 124% chance? ...if you say "enemy block" - then that needs to be reduced by 90% of the current value, globally.

~Food always poisons me. There hasn't been a time when that 10% chance hasn't poisoned me.. Food poisoning has taken my life the most in your game.

~Gold is in very short supply. "Kill more mobs"? See above. This is the staple, I think: Can't hit enemy - Can't get gold - Can't buy supply/gear - Can't progress - ...can't be bothered?

~Walking to heal has been the majority of this game for 3 days now. All I find myself doing is traveling back to hometown to heal. Once done, do 1 or 2 battles, and back off to healing..

~Skill page. What are these skills for? Are they always active, or is there skill points to add from quests or levels? When do you get them? ...level 7 hero, no skills yet...

This could be a really neat game. I'm really trying to learn this. I really am.. But I'm so frustrated at the fact that I can't hit anything. 7 levels into attack chance hasn't helped in the slightest..
Last edited by 420girl on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
420girl

Re: What doesn't seem bugged?

Post by 420girl »

I'd show a screenshot of my combat log, but I can't figure out how.

Combined issues of just moving (the controls) + inability to land hits ... This is terrible...

Suggestions please!!! ....uninstalling seems like the best option right now. And then I'll leave a review on Google Play for ya.
420girl

Post by 420girl »

After reading some posts.. This seems deliberate.

I'm just going to uninstall this crap. There is nothing worse than a game that constantly keeps you from progressing by terrible programming.

Love these style games, but this one is definitely the worst of them all.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm ~The controls are whacked. My hero chooses to walk around monsters rather than at them to attack. This allows me to get attacked first, and they always hit me.
Try turning on the Virtual d-pad, under "preferences". That may suit you better.

Monsters do not move on the diagonals (at least, not the ones you will have encountered early in the game). If you are directly next to a monster there is a 15% chance it will attack you, Including on the diagonals, unless it randomly tries to move onto your tile, in which case it will always attack.

It may seem like they always hit you, but that's not the case. It's a function of your block chance and their hit chance. The actual probability of them hitting you (or you hitting them; it works the same way) can never reach 100%, and except in extreme cases will not exceed 80%.

If you want the details, it looks like this:
Chance to hit graph 2.png
420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm ~Can't hit! Pretty much can't land a hit. On average, 20% of my attacks land with 124% chance? ...if you say "enemy block" - then that needs to be reduced by 90% of the current value, globally.
See the graph above. If you have 124 AC (if you actually see 124%, rather than just 124, you are playing an old version of the game), then the monster must have a BC of about 130. Early in the game, there are no monsters that you could reach that have a BC even close to that.

It's easy to perceive being hit or missing your hit as happening more often than it does, because those are the most memorable misses or hits. But I assure you the probability of being hit or landing a hit works as shown in the graph above.
420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm ~Food always poisons me. There hasn't been a time when that 10% chance hasn't poisoned me.. Food poisoning has taken my life the most in your game.
Most foods have zero chance of food poisoning. I assume you are referring to raw meat, which has a 10% chance. That works as advertised, which means 90% of the time you will not get poisoned. If this really bothers you, it's easy to work around. Just save the game before eating the meat. If you get food poisoning just reload and try again.
420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm ~Gold is in very short supply. "Kill more mobs"? See above. This is the staple, I think: Can't hit enemy - Can't get gold - Can't buy supply/gear - Can't progress - ...can't be bothered?
Early on in the game, gold is hard to get. The flip side of that coin (pun intended :D ) is that later on in the game you have more than you can possibly use. The latest release of the game at least partially addresses the early game problem. There is a quest that you can start in Crossglen that is an easy way to get gold with minimal effort. We are thinking about what to do about the later game problem (I have 232,355 gp, and I spend lavishly :lol: )
420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm ~Walking to heal has been the majority of this game for 3 days now. All I find myself doing is traveling back to hometown to heal. Once done, do 1 or 2 battles, and back off to healing.
There are other ways to heal.
Have you found bonemeal potions yet?
420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm ~Skill page. What are these skills for? Are they always active, or is there skill points to add from quests or levels? When do you get them? ...level 7 hero, no skills yet...
Every four levels you get a skill point. You can put into whatever skill you want.
Hint: choose Increased Fortitude as your first skill. Then you get +1HP for every level. Almost everyone takes this. Given your healing problems you may want to take Regeneration as your second skill. Not everyone would agree with me on this, but I think it really helps, especially in the early game.
420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm This could be a really neat game. I'm really trying to learn this. I really am.. But I'm so frustrated at the fact that I can't hit anything. 7 levels into attack chance hasn't helped in the slightest..
Oh, it's helped, even if you think it hasn't.

What is your current level? Telling us your stats and gear would help too. Then we could perhaps give other suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
James Doakes
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by James Doakes »

Walking accurately can be difficult and take some time to master. In order to attack the monster, it has to be directly in the path you're walking, so if you're walking diagonally in a path that will miss it by one tile, you'll have to quickly change the direction when getting next to it.

I suppose hit rate is low early game, but choosing +damage from levelups might make the few hits good enough.

I think the food poisoning could be just bad luck.

In early game, I think killing the easiest foes nets the most gold, like rats, bees and ants.
Surprise!
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

James Doakes wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 pm In early game, I think killing the easiest foes nets the most gold, like rats, bees and ants.
Snakes in the snake cave, and sell the meat :D That is later than rats, bees, and ants though.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

420girl wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:49 pm ~The controls are whacked. My hero chooses to walk around monsters rather than at them to attack. This allows me to get attacked first, and they always hit me.

~Can't hit! Pretty much can't land a hit. On average, 20% of my attacks land with 124% chance? ...if you say "enemy block" - then that needs to be reduced by 90% of the current value, globally.

~Food always poisons me. There hasn't been a time when that 10% chance hasn't poisoned me.. Food poisoning has taken my life the most in your game.

~Gold is in very short supply. "Kill more mobs"? See above. This is the staple, I think: Can't hit enemy - Can't get gold - Can't buy supply/gear - Can't progress - ...can't be bothered?

~Walking to heal has been the majority of this game for 3 days now. All I find myself doing is traveling back to hometown to heal. Once done, do 1 or 2 battles, and back off to healing..

~Skill page. What are these skills for? Are they always active, or is there skill points to add from quests or levels? When do you get them? ...level 7 hero, no skills yet...

This could be a really neat game. I'm really trying to learn this. I really am.. But I'm so frustrated at the fact that I can't hit anything. 7 levels into attack chance hasn't helped in the slightest..

Patience Grasshopper: at level 7 you're nowhere near being a hero yet.

This is not a game that's finished in 5, 10 or even 60 minutes.

Check your equipment carefully, you need to be doing the most damage that you can at low levels (all levels really) whilst minimising the damage you take - most low level opponents deal small amounts of damage so look for equipment with inbuilt DR.

Take sustenance that doesn't poison, you or learn how to deal with those that can.
See the puppies scatter.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:46 pm
Snakes in the snake cave, and sell the meat :D That is later than rats, bees, and ants though.
This is exactly what I do.

I think we lost the OP. I PMed her/him telling him or her that I/we can help don't leave.

With my last build, the first 10 level ups went to attack damage then the next 10 went to attack chance then I got a little more erratic sporadic and filtered in a few block chance level ups.then I went five level up to attack damage followed by five to attack chance. It all went really nicely I bring this up cuz it may help you if you want to start over.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Antison wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:23 pm

I think we lost the OP. I PMed her/him telling him or her that I/we can help don't leave.

Yes: going by the time they were last here, they've not read even one response.

You just can't help some people, they want everything, NOW! :(
See the puppies scatter.
T-rex2298
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:58 am You just can't help some people, they want everything, NOW! :(
Speaking of that, when's the next update. :D
Okay. I'm sorry to bring it up like that
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.