v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Q] of Mice and Men quest addition

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Redemption
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

[Q] of Mice and Men quest addition

Post by Redemption »

:idea: Hi something I never understood is why there isn't a 2nd option to this quest - since as story goes Algangror was banned from Remgard for abducting people via dark magic. And when I got that rodent problem quest from her I kept running around looking for a different side to quest since it is quite obvious that the rodents/rats are the ppl she abducted and morphed. I kept looking EVERYWHERE only to find out that there really was no alternate to the quest. So I think there should be a alternate quest where u save those ppl/rodents she abducted that in her basement using some sort of enchanted item you get from Remgard.

Anyways I'm way past this and did all quests thats doable. Untill next update I'm just farming exp and for rare items. But I still think that this side of quest is a nice idea/option. :idea:
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Re: of Mice and Men quest addition

Post by nether »

You could either kill them or choose not to kill them?
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Post by Kruncha »

There is a second option:
Before accepting the Algangror quest, you should talk to people in remgard to initiate the other option.
K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Kruncha wrote:There is a second option:
Before accepting the Algangror quest, you should talk to people in remgard to initiate the other option.
K.
You beat me to it. +1 :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

After finding out the rats I killed were the missing townspeople, I went back and started a new save slot where I don't kill them. There could be a quest in a future update to turn them back and save them, or at least where you learn what happened without taking Alganor's side, and then report it back to the town.

Just like there could be something later on where I run into the BWM leader after letting him live to escape.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

I thought it was really cool that you could not change the people back. I found that it was a little dark but sometimes life is dark. I hope that the story line ends there.... Not everything needs a happy ending.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Fire7051 wrote:I thought it was really cool that you could not change the people back. I found that it was a little dark but sometimes life is dark. I hope that the story line ends there.... Not everything needs a happy ending.
well said, and i concur!!!

:twisted:

sometimes - the hero is just... "too late"

:o

[ :lol: ]

(yes, i laugh at "dark" things)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
BethelAbba

Re: [Q] of Mice and Men quest addition

Post by BethelAbba »

Getting to the point where I have to face Algangror myself and I have always sided with Remgard. BUT .... I know doing so never brings the people back.

So.... is killing the rats putting these folk out of their misery? And those "rat" tails.... if I bring those to a certain new guy... will he accept them as rat tails? Has anyone tried this? Has anyone thought of it before me?

Just kind of talking out loud here cause I really am curious. Marrowtaint isn't an option. I'll bury the witch before I take her poisoned apple.... but those poor rat-people... just seems a shame to be thought of as "the Hero who killed the wife of Norath, in mercy."
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

BethelAbba wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:22 am Getting to the point where I have to face Algangror myself and I have always sided with Remgard. BUT .... I know doing so never brings the people back.

So.... is killing the rats putting these folk out of their misery? And those "rat" tails.... if I bring those to a certain new guy... will he accept them as rat tails? Has anyone tried this? Has anyone thought of it before me?

Just kind of talking out loud here cause I really am curious. Marrowtaint isn't an option. I'll bury the witch before I take her poisoned apple.... but those poor rat-people... just seems a shame to be thought of as "the Hero who killed the wife of Norath, in mercy."
Why would you bring those tails all the way back to Crossglen?

The Marrowtaint is hands down the best item in the game!!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
BethelAbba

Post by BethelAbba »

Antison wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:15 am
BethelAbba wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:22 am Getting to the point where I have to face Algangror myself and I have always sided with Remgard. BUT .... I know doing so never brings the people back.

Why would you bring those tails all the way back to Crossglen?

The Marrowtaint is hands down the best item in the game!!
in this case, I will settle for the Jewel of Fallhaven and kept my dignity intact.

To be honest, I play my games as I would live (myself) in real life, whether it is FallOut 4 or Skyrim or Andor's Trail makes no difference. You can split every ethical hair down the middle.... But I will never join the thieves guild, never join the dark brotherhood, never play as a cannibal and never trust a witch. Simple as that. So the only thing Algangror can expect from me is the pointy end of my blade.... 100% of the time.

As for the tails... I am curious if they would satiate that new guy (can't recall his name at the moment) in his unending desire for rat tails. Or haven't you found that guy yet?
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1