v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Map scale changes by itself (0.7.5 F-Droid)

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
rigger
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Map scale changes by itself (0.7.5 F-Droid)

Post by rigger »

I first used v0.7.5 from F-Droid. It had a normal scale of game view (the one that can be configured from the preferences): 1 game-art pixel = 1 screen pixel. AFAIR this was the case from the beginning. (But maybe not).
Recently I tried to install 0.7.7 from this site. The playing area became scaled up, about (sadly I did only 1 screenshot) as when you set "scaling factor" to "Double size". Thinking that maybe the setting is somehow bugged, I opened the preferences, then "scaling factor" - but it was set to "Normal size". I tried setting it to "double size", then it became even worse (4x size), then back to "normal size" (still 2x size)...
It became hard to navigate, it was as if looking through a small hole.
The UI was still the normal size, as ever.
I tried to reinstall F-Droid 0.7.5, but it was still stuck on blurry hugeness. I made this screenshot then.
Screenshot_20191213-134637_Andor's Trail.jpg
Tried renaming the old andors-trail folder - nothing.
I played for a few mintues several times, stopping due to frustration each time. Once, when I opened the game again (it must have been killed by the OS, since I got the main screen with the moving clouds...) I tapped "Continue" and the scale was normal again! (See screenshot.)
Screenshot_20191215-143258_Andor's Trail.jpg
Since then, I'd like to avoid reinstalling again, it might bring the hugeness back...
Is this a known problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Map scale changes by itself (0.7.5 F-Droid)

Post by Nut »

Hi rigger,
thx for posting this. I have encountered this effect too already. Looks like closing the app helps - please try that again if you encounter the problem again, and tell us.

What is your phone and android version?
Nut
rigger

Post by rigger »

Nut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:18 am Hi rigger,
thx for posting this. I have encountered this effect too already. Looks like closing the app helps - please try that again if you encounter the problem again, and tell us.

What is your phone and android version?
The phone is Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) with Android 8.1 installed. But when I first installed AT, it might have been Android 7.
I'll try closing the app.
rigger

Post by rigger »

Well, simple closing doesn't seem to help. (on 0.7.8 beta, too). Apparently the app must be killed by the OS for the scale to normalize. (I haven't got the beta to display normally yet.) I don't have any idea what else is required.
Gonk

Post by Gonk »

Do you know how to manually kill the app?
rigger

Post by rigger »

Well, swiping it to the side in Recent apps screen doesn't help. It does seem to close (it vanishes from the Recent screen and shows main screen when re-opened)
Gonk

Post by Gonk »

Hello,

In the latest update we have at least a workaround so you can choose 0.5 or 0.75 scaling:
https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6735
rigger wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:53 am I first used v0.7.5 from F-Droid. It had a normal scale of game view (the one that can be configured from the preferences): 1 game-art pixel = 1 screen pixel. AFAIR this was the case from the beginning. (But maybe not).
Recently I tried to install 0.7.7 from this site. The playing area became scaled up, about (sadly I did only 1 screenshot) as when you set "scaling factor" to "Double size". Thinking that maybe the setting is somehow bugged, I opened the preferences, then "scaling factor" - but it was set to "Normal size". I tried setting it to "double size", then it became even worse (4x size), then back to "normal size" (still 2x size)...
It became hard to navigate, it was as if looking through a small hole.
The UI was still the normal size, as ever.
I tried to reinstall F-Droid 0.7.5, but it was still stuck on blurry hugeness. I made this screenshot then.
Screenshot_20191213-134637_Andor's Trail.jpg Tried renaming the old andors-trail folder - nothing.
I played for a few mintues several times, stopping due to frustration each time. Once, when I opened the game again (it must have been killed by the OS, since I got the main screen with the moving clouds...) I tapped "Continue" and the scale was normal again! (See screenshot.)Screenshot_20191215-143258_Andor's Trail.jpg
Since then, I'd like to avoid reinstalling again, it might bring the hugeness back...
Is this a known problem?