v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Pop-up messages

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Milo Hiroya
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Pop-up messages

Post by Milo Hiroya »

I think pop-up messages should only be closed by clicking "Close", not clicking outside the box. I missed several one-time event messages that way.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Pop-up messages

Post by Antison »

I agree with you. This has burnt me in the past.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Is it possible that this was the fate of Stuephants fifth Marble - I've still not found it, and I go back now and again and very systematically search the area. It's been several hours now, and I know I'm not that bad.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6321&hilit=marble
See the puppies scatter.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:19 pm Is it possible that this was the fate of Stuephants fifth Marble - I've still not found it, and I go back now and again and very systematically search the area. It's been several hours now, and I know I'm not that bad.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6321&hilit=marble
Trust me it's there search the house area and the field area. Do it like how a yard gets mowed. It is nerve racking and it's a pain but it's there
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

And no, you can't have missed the popup
Nut
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Nut wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:11 pm And no, you can't have missed the popup
Err could if you are a quick tapper. But if he/she went back to see if they collected it that's different.
That's the only issue in the game I don't like. Why not have the pop ups stay open until you have to click a close dialogue button. You guys already have the ability to do so. And you can still have the option not to see stuff. The script is a easy fix to this and could easily work on the platform.
H46732f
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by H46732f »

I think messages that only disappear if the player explicitly clicks close should be the ones that show you when they have found an L / E item.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Nut wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:11 pm And no, you can't have missed the popup
Yes you can. I do it all the time.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:46 pm
Trust me it's there search the house area and the field area. Do it like how a yard gets mowed. It is nerve racking and it's a pain but it's there
I've said all through the linked thread that I search very thoroughly - I first do vertical walks going top to bottom from one side to the other, I skirt both ways around any obstructions, I then do exactly the same horizontally. I must by now have at least eight characters who have completed this quest, this character has spent more time than all the others put together and then some.

Is it possible that it's been discarded in the manner described in the first post of this thread?
See the puppies scatter.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:32 pm
CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:46 pm
I've said all through the linked thread that I search very thoroughly - I first do vertical walks going top to bottom from one side to the other, I skirt both ways around any obstructions, I then do exactly the same horizontally. I must by now have at least eight characters who have completed this quest, this character has spent more time than all the others put together and then some.

Is it possible that it's been discarded in the manner described in the first post of this thread?
No its there. Remember marbles are round and roll around. So that marble is there and yes it's a pain. But no it can not not be there.