v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by Tomcat »

Wow, congratulations!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

Tomcat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:21 pm Wow, congratulations!
Thank you, may the Shadow be with you :) !
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Tofu Ming wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:39 pm
The shadow is evil lol. Well on this char at least lol. (On all of my pros I help the witch in remgard)
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

Tofu Ming wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 am Holy f...as I just finished posting the above was playing game at same time and just got Ring of Lesser Shadow after killing under 20 shadow gargoyle masters/trainers, I can't be sure exactly how many since I killed so few I can't see the amount in the overview stats. Don't got any magic finders etc...must be lucky after having to kill so many imps before...guess I off to the Helm of Foreseeing now - Shadow be with you!!
That is astounding luck!!
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
TheGx

Post by TheGx »

Urbain wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:06 pm
Tofu Ming wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 am Holy f...as I just finished posting the above was playing game at same time and just got Ring of Lesser Shadow after killing under 20 shadow gargoyle masters/trainers, I can't be sure exactly how many since I killed so few I can't see the amount in the overview stats. Don't got any magic finders etc...must be lucky after having to kill so many imps before...guess I off to the Helm of Foreseeing now - Shadow be with you!!
That is astounding luck!!
Totally, I still hard to believe. Now I on to trying to get the Helm, so we'll see how many kills and months it takes - still not gonna waste skill points on magic finder since I enjoy collecting experience points and since this game still developing no rush.
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
TheGx

Post by TheGx »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:16 pm
Tofu Ming wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:39 pm
The shadow is evil lol. Well on this char at least lol. (On all of my pros I help the witch in remgard)
Well...I think the Shadow is more Libertarian rather than evil, and the governments more evil(oppressive) :lol: . I rather have true freedom to rule myself than the false sense of security that the kings laws provide.
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

Farmed RoL about 6 hours. Today when I started the game so I got RoL almost instantly, then BD and finally RoLS in 1 hour. With 2 points in MF :)

Either it was luck or there is some algorithm because none game is truly random lol.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Totally luck!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

Maybe so. Glad that I decided to try find RoLS and it happened. Amen!
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Still nice to see how this ring and other legendaries attracts people (like myself).

My first main character had 2 RolS, 2 RoL and 1 Redeemer. Grinded it up until lvl 75. I did some things with my skills I didn't like. So I decided to start over.
Now, I knew that I also wanted to try different skillsets, different base stats, different weapon styles, just for the fun of it. But imagine making 5 more characters, and for all of these you want at least the rings and potentially some of the other items...

Right, ugh...

So, I decided to make a "base character", one with very low skills, low level and therefore low preset base stats. Then use that character to farm for RolS and other legendaries. Afterwards, pump it up with XP (without actually leveling) to get to a high enough level in one shot from such a prepared savegame (lets assume level 70+), thus enabling me to quickly do new and fast high level characters with totally different skills.

Good plan, right?

Well, I started the grinding, got to lvl 30, put all lvl ups in damage, only selected IF as skill, though accidentally one level too late..., got 1 RolS and 1 RoL (you know the grind... and I was very unlucky with chances!!), and then thought:
This one level, one HP I missed for IF, is pissing me off. Also the name of the character is dumb.
I'll do it all over again

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, I started over, grinded for meat and levels to increase my base damage again (25 levels, all in damage increase, 2 levels in IF at exactly the right level), used the gold to buy some ok-ish equipment, and then set out for the quest to get:
2x RolS
2x RoL
1x Redeemer
1x Helmet

With patience and/or save reload tactics, it is possible with this character (lvl 25, 2x IF, no other skill, no special gear, QSD, good base damage --> semi glass cannon) to do the Gargoyle guys, Kazaul Imps and the Wyrm guys (Wyrm and minor fatigue is nasty though). Haven't tried for the Helmet region yet (would be my first time as well. Never set out for this before).
I got now:
2x RolS
2x RoL
Next in line is the Redeemer. Working on that and have downed 5.000 Wyrms so far.

Also, having 2x RolS and 1x RoL already enables me to kill quite a lot of nice 200+ XP mobs on a decent speed without having to stop much, regenerate or use potions (which are abundant thanks to the Gargoyle guys :-D ).

The beauty of this char:
Besides having saved up XP and skill points, able to quickly build other characters out of it once I pumped up the XP (will work heavily on that after Redeemer and Helmet (if I can get the helmet at this point)), I also spared all the quests, except the ones neccessary to get to the Kazaul and Wyrm areas (and accidentally speeking to one villager once in Vilegard triggering the Trusting an Outsider quest... meh).
Which means:
Besides the 24 base damage, 2x IF (which probably everybody takes anyhow) and one started but not finished questline to get to neccessary areas - THIS CHAR IS VANILLA :-) I can start out with different builds, do all the quests, and just have fun with it. I could even park it and save it in the starting location to really start out from the beginning each time

Cool, right? :D

Me and grinding: it's a hate/love relationship though. I am adicted to get such items in most games I play, completionist to the fullest (love) but during the process, hate to not being able to give up :D

Therefore, I also want to highlight this suggestion of mine I made a looong time ago :D
https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 135#p52135
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)