v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Q] of Mice and Men quest addition

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: [Q] of Mice and Men quest addition

Post by Antison »

This is too bad, your philosophy, your choices in playing style really limit your ability to experience the depth of this game.
the best part of this game is your ability to build 10+ different characters. each one providing their own benefits and limitations
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

But that's the beauty of video games as a media.
The game design builds a set of rules and tells only a limited part of it to the player, then, the player himself designs his/her game experience by playing the game as he/she sees fit.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by BethelAbba »

Zukero wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:05 am But that's the beauty of video games as a media.
The game design builds a set of rules and tells only a limited part of it to the player, then, the player himself designs his/her game experience by playing the game as he/she sees fit.
if I am "lawful good" in real life.... Whyever would I wish to run chaotic evil.... Even in escapism fantasy role play games? Sorry, Antison, but I don't NEED to rape and pillage, even for fun, to know they are wrong. Somethings are evil by definition and as such.... I don't care one iota to engage in them,

In other games I play I don't steal when the opportunity presents itself. If I can't afford the armor now... I can wait. If it can't be bought, then I just plainly don't need it. Ethics has a huge role in Andors Trail and I would just as soon rather play out my personal ethics than abandon them all (which shows only that they were meaningless to begin with the moment you do) for the sake of (alleged) entertainment. An honest thief is still a thief despite his telling the truth. That doesn't give him "integrity"... It just means you guard your wallet all the more. A dear friend taught me that back in the 80's. It was a lesson I never forgot. Ethics only have meaning if they apply themselves TO EVERYTHING.... Otherwise they mean nothing.

It is the way I have played games since 1985 when I first started (with Star Flight 1 in DOS) and I've never once fretted over lost opportunities due to my play style or choices. To me, there is no other way to play.... Than to do the RIGHT thing(s) for the right reason(s).

Simple as that.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

BethelAbba wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:15 pm
Antison wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:15 am
BethelAbba wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:22 am Getting to the point where I have to face Algangror myself and I have always sided with Remgard. BUT .... I know doing so never brings the people back.

So.... is killing the rats putting these folk out of their misery? And those "rat" tails.... if I bring those to a certain new guy... will he accept them as rat tails? Has anyone tried this? Has anyone thought of it before me?

Just kind of talking out loud here cause I really am curious. Marrowtaint isn't an option. I'll bury the witch before I take her poisoned apple.... but those poor rat-people... just seems a shame to be thought of as "the Hero who killed the wife of Norath, in mercy."
Why would you bring those tails all the way back to Crossglen?

The Marrowtaint is hands down the best item in the game!!
in this case, I will settle for the Jewel of Fallhaven and kept my dignity intact.

To be honest, I play my games as I would live (myself) in real life, whether it is FallOut 4 or Skyrim or Andor's Trail makes no difference. You can split every ethical hair down the middle.... But I will never join the thieves guild, never join the dark brotherhood, never play as a cannibal and never trust a witch. Simple as that. So the only thing Algangror can expect from me is the pointy end of my blade.... 100% of the time.

As for the tails... I am curious if they would satiate that new guy (can't recall his name at the moment) in his unending desire for rat tails. Or haven't you found that guy yet?
That's the best way to play games for a serious game player :D , I do same myself so I'll never side with remgard - now I still deciding if it's ethical to put those people out of their misery it order to get something I want...
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
Antison

Post by Antison »

The soldiers of Feygard are looking for you
Last edited by Antison on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

Antison wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:46 pm The soldiers of Remgard are looking for you
Ahahaha, every game/story/movie has the state behaving in ways like they're getting closer to 1984 - just like on real life :lol:
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
Thunderstorm
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Thunderstorm »

What is marrowtaint?😕
Antison

Post by Antison »

Thunderstorm wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:54 pm What is marrowtaint?😕
A very powerful necklace.
Thunderstorm
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Thunderstorm »

Where to get it? I have completed nearly whole game (except lost potion, actually went there but have failed 3 times!). Remgard quests also near to end. Killed the witch and got that useless SotA(it needs 13 ap!😥). Am I missing something?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Thunderstorm wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:14 pm Where to get it?... Killed the witch and got that useless SotA(it needs 13 ap!😥). Am I missing something?
Oh yeah, you missed something alright. You missed the best item in the game. Better luck with your next character. :twisted: