v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Do mobs spawn while running in BG

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Moo-Kun
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Do mobs spawn while running in BG

Post by Moo-Kun »

Ten posts a day is not bad if I keep it up :geek:

Back to the topic..
Yes, can mobs in-game spawn if I keep the game running in the background and use my browser or watch YouTube or do anything else basically? Or do I have to sit through it in game

Because I can almost swear the 3 minute rule keeps either breaking up and respawning early because I left the game on background and returned

Each time I return to maps I cleared one minute ago respawn fully but not the map I was on...

It's not accurate I could be just imagining things but you have you guys tested the background spawning??

Thanks in advance.

Edit 1:
Yeah I'm extremely confident that the mobs spawn in other maps when you're outside the game but it's running in the background.. was it intended? If so why isnt the map you're on not getting refreshed too?

I believe it wasnt intended but pointing it out kinda blows the cover for us farmers cause it will help us getting legendary items without getting bored easily so please dont fix it :shock:

Edit 2:
After more than one successful theory testing mobs do spawn in background mode, but only in other maps

Very positive. :mrgreen:
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Do mobs spawn while running in BG

Post by Tomcat »

I believe you are correct. Other maps are on a real world timer, but the one you're in generally goes by counting turns.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Indeed
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The map that you are currently on is not subject to the 3-minute rule. Instead there's an x percentage chance that a NPC on the map will respawn a certain amount of times.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Aha, I figured out a plan for my RoLS farming, which is staying in the northeastern small room for three minutes outside the game or inside while killing whenever a trainer shows up.. insane tactic cause at first I was really really bored :lol:
♡Andor's Trail♡
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Sometimes I do that, and sometimes I step just out of the SE corner of the first room. The first way means you don't get guaranteed respawns of those two. The second means you waste time getting past the 3 gargoyles across the bottom. Pick your poison.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

I used to stay right outside the entrance infront of the gargoyle but the small room bg waiting is my best pick for now! :lol: :lol:

And as i was reading through the forum posts i read about how people level up 10 levels waiting for the first RoLS! That's awesome :lol: well not in waiting awesome but for me it is..
Since I'm planning for a dual wield flagstone and quick strike build + Jewel of Fallhaven ( insane 5 hits with 2 attack cost ik ik ) but for the build to be complete I need to level up to 30 first to use the second dual wield skill which sucked at first but now I'm motivated to stay in that room :lol:

As they say.. two birds with one stone lmao

Yo I have an interesting idea..

Like we established before you get a fixed round timer for the current map you're in that controls your health, conditions and the mobs that spawn(correct right?) Why not implement a Background timer that disables the round timer until you come back to the game?? The benefit would obviously be mobs inside the room you are in and regenerated health.. it's all for convenience and quality of life, tell me what you think ;)

It shouldn't be too hard to add I believe?
See this post to reply to the idea viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6797
Last edited by Moo-Kun on Sat May 09, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♡Andor's Trail♡
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Moo-Kun wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:37 pm Since I'm planning for a dual wield flagstone and quick strike build + Jewel of Fallhaven ( insane 5 hits with 2 attack cost ik ik )
Sorry, but no. Your attacks per round will be dictated by the slower of the two weapons, not the faster of the two.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:28 pm
Moo-Kun wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:37 pm Since I'm planning for a dual wield flagstone and quick strike build + Jewel of Fallhaven ( insane 5 hits with 2 attack cost ik ik )
Sorry, but no. Your attacks per round will be dictated by the slower of the two weapons, not the faster of the two.
Aww :cry: so it's a complete failure of a build?
♡Andor's Trail♡
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Failure? No. You just don't get the benefit of the quick strike dagger and you get its negativity
"A home without a beagle is just a house"