v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

6 second rule in background

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Moo-Kun
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: 6 second rule in background

Post by Moo-Kun »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:32 am Sorry, but we are not going to change this. When you leave the game it's frozen, so that when you come back it's exactly where you left it. That's not an accident, it's by design. You may want some things to keep ticking in the background, but I suspect others would not.
Do a poll or something.. I believe I'm not the only guy that has one phone and cant leave the game open and use another phone to wait for my health and enemies to spawn

In the end it's up to you whether you add it or not devs.
But it would really help me and others that struggle while waiting in grind areas.. with it or without it andor's trail is awesome :mrgreen:
rijackson741 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:32 amYou may want some things to keep ticking in the background, but I suspect others would not.
This my dear friend is where you make it a preference option in the settings :mrgreen:

Ik ik it could take so long to make it work but take your time.. I'm not saying I want it in the next update or I'll delete the game! :lol: make it a future thing to add once you've got free time to add neat little things that help in small but significant ways to us. :D
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

I understand where you're coming from, Moo-Kun, but personally don't like it and share the view of the others. No free healing, and no change on the map you're on while you're away. That's my view and vote :-)
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

CKork wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:40 am I understand where you're coming from, Moo-Kun, but personally don't like it and share the view of the others. No free healing, and no change on the map you're on while you're away. That's my view and vote :-)
It's just to help people like me who usually spend time on the forum reading posts or learning about skill distribution and while grinding too..

As I suggested if others, like you, don't share my point of view it can be made an option in the settings. Simple as that :mrgreen:

And it's too logical aswell.. look..

My style of grinding (which is popular I believe) revolves around killing all the spawned mobs in the spawn areas and then waiting in a single far-away tile. Say I spent that time in-game.. what would my character do? N O T H I N G. Literally just wait until mobs spawn in the other rooms or kill the mobs that spawn and return to my tile until three minutes pass. But I mostly just stay in my tile.

Spending that time outside the game while my character is waiting like I would leave him to wait if I was in-game isnt that big of a deal and it would help grinding be less tiresome. Cuz I absolutely HATE killing mobs leaving the game with low hp and eating meat before I leave and returning to see my health is the same but mobs have spawned. It doesn't make sense to allow mobs to spawn and not my health to regenerate and my map mobs to not spawn.

Trust me. It is a 100% fair thing to add. And theres no argument to be made about it making legendaries easier at all you have to kill the mobs yourself its just your health and current map mobs spawning only. Not auto killing. Not auto grinding. Your finger has to make the attack.

And I came across mobs killing you while you wait outside, it's not possible. If a mob came to your tile then he would initiate the attack but you would have to initiate back theres no set time for your turn to end. When you return with a mob attacking you. It's just slowing down your health regeneration and mob spawning because mobs dont spawn while fighting.

Theres another solution to that disabling current map mob movement while outside the game.. leaving them to stay in their respective spawner tile until you come back would stop them from attacking you.

While I respect every persons point of view and comment. It is the devs decision and if they look closely they'd see how this would help me and others that struggle while grinding (which I'm sure there are) get more comfortable with grinding without it feeling like cheating or speeding up of legendaries obtaining time. Like I said, you make the attack yourself. You move around yourself. You grind yourself.

And its again possible to be made a preference in the options.

Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Moo-Kun on Mon May 11, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Moo-Kun,

I'm not going to say this won't be implemented, but for now this is so far down the priority list that it won't happen for a very long time. Unless you want to code it and get approval from the dev team.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Antison wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:05 pm Moo-Kun,

I'm not going to say this won't be implemented, but for now this is so far down the priority list that it won't happen for a very long time. Unless you want to code it and get approval from the dev team.
All I'm asking for is to give it a shot, dont close it in my face saying it wont be added.. all I want is for you to consider making it happen sometime in the future that's all.

And If I had any coding knowledge wouldn't I support the game I love most? :lol: I really wish I had but it's just reeeeally basic html and php maybe..

Just consider making it ♡. Thank you.
♡Andor's Trail♡