v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

In-depth mob statistics

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Moo-Kun
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: In-depth mob statistics

Post by Moo-Kun »

Antison wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:23 pm I honestly think the top five is good enough as I fear cluttering up the overview screen is not worth it to show five additional items.
Alrighty then
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Lacrom
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Lacrom »

but there might be an alternative for most killed monsters : couldn't we simply see how many monster of x type we've killed when we are fighting the monster x ? in the stats of the monster.
Moo-Kun wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:32 pm
Antison wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:14 pm What benefit does it bring to show you the top 10 most used items?
Knowledge is the biggest benefit imo

Keeping track of my progress through the character's development and feeling that sense of achievement which is oh so dopamine inducing 8-)
I totally agree. Knowledge is one of the most important thing in this game.
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

But knowing the top 10 most used items is not really that useful "knowledge". Think about it guys what would you do with that information?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Antison wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:34 pm But knowing the top 10 most used items is not really that useful "knowledge". Think about it guys what would you do with that information?
I guess feel impressed with our achievements.. but I agree if it clutters the menus and starts to look all over the place then better leave it as it is
Lacrom wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:20 pm but there might be an alternative for most killed monsters : couldn't we simply see how many monster of x type we've killed when we are fighting the monster x ? in the stats of the monster.
This..this I agree with very much.. it wont clutter anything just a small number in the entity overview tab..

What do you think antison?
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Moo-Kun wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:43 pm
Lacrom wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:20 pm but there might be an alternative for most killed monsters : couldn't we simply see how many monster of x type we've killed when we are fighting the monster x ? in the stats of the monster.
This..this I agree with very much.. it wont clutter anything just a small number in the entity overview tab..

If we find a way that elegantly and intuitively conveys this information then I'm all for it. But as a player, this is information that I really don't care about as it does nothing to aid me in my ability to progress or succeed.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

Personally I didn't miss the information as a player. I am offering my help if someone is interested in coding it. If not a popup in the game, it could also be an extra tool like the visited-places script.
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Maybe a slot next to the attack log and map? A separate page for mob stats
♡Andor's Trail♡
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Antison wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:33 pm
Moo-Kun wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:43 pm

If we find a way that elegantly and intuitively conveys this information then I'm all for it. But as a player, this is information that I really don't care about as it does nothing to aid me in my ability to progress or succeed.
I think we've been discussing this before in another post.
Maybe a compendium of some sort is a good way to do it (with sort and filter options). That way it's not interfering with the main screen.
I also suggested the compendium should be filled when killing x amount of monsters of the same type. The more monsters killed, the more info displayed (easy to do, as monster kill count is saved).
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I am not against something like this, but our to-do list is really long, and it's just not a priority. We need to deal with Feygard, Nor City, Brighthaven, new weapon classes (oops, did I just let something slip there?), etc. They are more important, and we have very limited resources.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

And as far as Feygard and Nor City go, they are both very big projects. We could really use some more hands on deck for content creation. If anyone is interested let me know. I will help you get the dev environment set up, and I will walk you though content creation. That will cost me time, but I anticipate that it will pay back that time, with interest.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1