v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Cure for Blackwater Misery

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
GwenFreya
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Cure for Blackwater Misery

Post by GwenFreya »

I would love to see a cure for Blackwater Misery... Maybe a necklace or something, that offsets it. Because all their stuff is good, but that cost is staggering. Maybe something for the developers to work on in the future?
A well placed dagger finds it's home yet again...
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Cure for Blackwater Misery

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello GwenFreya, and welcome to the forums.

Blackwater misery does not stack, so you get it only once, no matter how many BWM items you use. If you use only one, the cost is very high. If you use many, it is not high. That is the point of it, and this will not change with anything that offsets it. With the BWM gear, it's all or nothing.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Blackwater builds are outstanding! Once you try it you'll never go back.

Blackwater dagger with the dagger proficiency skill!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
GwenFreya
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by GwenFreya »

I'll try it... I just hate losing my attack chance... I'm currently level 58? 59? Something like that. I'm happy it doesn't stack. When I get to Blackwater again, I'll pick all their items. Currently grinding the Arulir cave...
A well placed dagger finds it's home yet again...
Moo-Kun
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Moo-Kun »

I thought of that too xD.. but I didnt want to sound like the guy that disagrees with everything in the game lololol.

But I'll try the set in another character then give my final review ;3
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Antison

Post by Antison »

GwenFreya wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:02 am I'll try it... I just hate losing my attack chance... I'm currently level 58? 59? Something like that. I'm happy it doesn't stack. When I get to Blackwater again, I'll pick all their items. Currently grinding the Arulir cave...
Well, at you your level it doesn't matter what gear you use. As you are overpowered for all content to date.
rkabra151
android_version: 8.0

Post by rkabra151 »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:48 pm Hello GwenFreya, and welcome to the forums.

Blackwater misery does not stack, so you get it only once, no matter how many BWM items you use. If you use only one, the cost is very high. If you use many, it is not high. That is the point of it, and this will not change with anything that offsets it. With the BWM gear, it's all or nothing.
When I first played this game, I too had stayed away from them. Only when I read about blackwater build being best defensive build and the misery not stacking on this fourm did I go back and tried it out. Currently it looks like that the only people who browse this fourm and came across these posts are the one that use this build. Maybe if this fact is explained somewhere in game such as Yolgan's (NPC in stoutford, pretty sure I spelt it wrong) explanation of BWM or Agent's recruitment speech more people will use it.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Not everything in the game is obvious. We would prefer to keep it that way, because then players can play it again. That also applies to quests, equipment, etc. There is no "right" path, only the path that you choose.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
rkabra151
android_version: 8.0

Post by rkabra151 »

That is fine. It is just that we see a post about blackwater misery every other month.
Antison

Post by Antison »

rkabra151 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:40 pm That is fine. It is just that we see a post about blackwater misery every other month.
Explore the game. Create multiple characters. Try things and learn.

I'm not going to continue to cheerlead for Blackwater gear day after day. It is my favorite, but I want people to try it themselves.